• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Nope to all.
Hint
He is walking away from me in this photo
78b2293a-9de4-4c1e-8e0c-30f6c6597e6a-jpeg.53885

*This is a tough one because I accidentally got the shot.
We'll do a better one tomorrow if no one gets this one.
No glare so he must have a hat on. I'm going with the whitish hat to the left of the Lizard Skins sign. With backpack.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
@Philpug and/or @Tricia, is Yamaha there? I had an unsolicited thread pop up on FB touting "the next big thing, stay tuned" from Yamaha. I think it was e-bike related.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
I hope the show looks less sad in other photos. I think I could cover that floor in about 30 minutes, and that's being pretty generous. I could have a little fun at Bianchi and Park (they must have a sweet new screwdriver or something!), but there's not much there that is really calling to me.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I hope the show looks less sad in other photos. I think I could cover that floor in about 30 minutes, and that's being pretty generous. I could have a little fun at Bianchi and Park (they must have a sweet new screwdriver or something!), but there's not much there that is really calling to me.
That is only 25% of one wing taken from the media room windows, but this is a relatively small show in comparison to what we're used to seeing for SIA/OR

Last edited:

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Oddly enough I was helping a woman pick out bike shorts a few weeks ago and she was so short she was having a hard time finding shorts that weren't below the knee.

I’m not short but I have short legs so similar issues.

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Pearl Izumi does. Or at least once did. In general if you want to go below the knee, look at stuff that is more enduro and meant to be used with knee pads.

“Did” is correct. I have two pairs. Bought one, and realized they were discontinuing that model, so bought another...wish I bought a third, they’re easily the best shorts I’ve ever owned. Not sure if they’ve introduced any new models recently with a similar fit.

I also have a couple pairs of Dakines that fit below the knee.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Pearl Izumi does. Or at least once did. In general if you want to go below the knee, look at stuff that is more enduro and meant to be used with knee pads.

But I lurv my Specialized Demos. They are the perfect fabric, perfect mesh location, perfect length ... and kept my skin intact on my big recent fall with only one tiny rip. And I don't really mind the look of mens baggy fit. It's comfortable. Women's clothes tend to go for slim fit, even the "baggies." It looks cute, it sells, but I like the men's cut better for functionality.

I only piped up because Tricia atted me!

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I only piped up because Tricia atted me!
I only did that because I love some of the fun stuff they have for women.
I especially love it that they are making stuff in different shapes.
I typically find it difficult to find bike clothing that works with my curves.

We ARE women!

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Shebeest makes really fun stuff. I have yet to try them, because I finally settled on Zoic for fit and comfort. In addition to velcro waist tabs (which most brands have) they also have elastic on the waist band, which means they don't cut into my gut and I don't get ass-gap back there.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Shebeest makes really fun stuff. I have yet to try them, because I finally settled on Zoic for fit and comfort. In addition to velcro waist tabs (which most brands have) they also have elastic on the waist band, which means they don't cut into my gut and I don't get ass-gap back there.
I absolutely agree, when you find something that fits, you stick with it.

When I saw the horses on bike shorts, I thought of you.
I know you're not western, but still....
img_0208-jpg.53896

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I only did that because I love some of the fun stuff they have for women.
I especially love it that they are making stuff in different shapes.
I typically find it difficult to find bike clothing that works with my curves.

We ARE women!

Definitely. There are women of all shapes and sizes riding - it's good to encourage that! It's hard to get excited about a sport if you can't find clothing that works with you.

Gotta say - if YOU are having trouble finding gear that fits, we're worse off than I thought. I can fit at least 1.5 of you in my pants! Probably 2 of you before I lost a bunch of weight this year.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Gotta say - if YOU are having trouble finding gear that fits, we're worse off than I thought. I can fit at least 1.5 of you in my pants! Probably 2 of you before I lost a bunch of weight this year.
I say that all the time. I consider myself somewhat average, but I have curves that are hard to fit in athletic clothing. If I end up in a large bike shorts liner, what is the large girl wearing?

Even the swag sizing we had for our donation drive last year was all over the map.
The women's jackets ran larger than "true" sizing.
The women's t-shirts ran ultra ultra small. I tend to wear a medium in most tops and had to go to the XL in our swag t-shirt.
That being said, if anyone knows of someone with small girls, we have several several women's t-shirts that will fit a child. ;)

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I say that all the time. I consider myself somewhat average, but I have curves that are hard to fit in athletic clothing. If I end up in a large bike shorts liner, what is the large girl wearing?

I'll be honest - partly my response to the Shebeest offerings - and I'll tell you, they've been around at least the 15 years I've been riding, probably more - is, meh, the XLs still probably won't fit me. I should not be so cynical, but feeling otherwise would be the triumph of hope over experience.

My Demos are sized like men's pants, by waist measurement. I realize women's waist measurements are not indicative of their hips etc, but why can't we have waist measurements + butt and thigh? It's crazy. They wouldn't even have to change the manufacturing - just rite some numbers on the label. I had to return Patagucci snow pants last year - the waist had plenty of room, but I swear the legs would have split if I'd flexed my quads. Whose body is shaped like that??

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Sorry to feed the thread drift...but...

The women's jackets ran larger than "true" sizing.
The women's t-shirts ran ultra ultra small. I tend to wear a medium in most tops and had to go to the XL in our swag t-shirt.

How come women's sizing is always all over the map? But men's seem to always be generally the same? My husband wear's the same size 99% of the time. I own shirts ranging from XS-XL depending on brand/style/mood of the person that manufactured it.

They wouldn't even have to change the manufacturing - just rite some numbers on the label. I had to return Patagucci snow pants last year - the waist had plenty of room, but I swear the legs would have split if I'd flexed my quads. Whose body is shaped like that??

AMEN! Slightly more difficult than mens, but why can't women's pants be 3 numbers...Waist-Hips-Length.

Sponsor