• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
When a friend called last night to say that a kind soul with a key to the Pisten Bully was grooming the skate lanes at Saddleback as a public service, the temptation was too great to resist. We reluctantly decided that carpooling was out, so @Wending and I drove up in one car and he in another.

It was my first time up there in five years - a bittersweet drive. Upon arrival we found that there was plenty of coverage everywhere, if a bit dirty in spots. Needless to say the "lodge" (a.k.a. extremely modest yurt) was closed. Grooming, however, was ongoing, and improved the surface as the day progressed. Though the air temp stayed in the twenties, the strong late March sun has its way, making some areas soft while others were still a bit firm. Anyplace ungroomed was essentially unskiable and unbreakable crust.

It was a fabulous day to be out away from the microbes, in the sunny Maine woods.

20200322_130550-01.jpeg 20200322_130539-01.jpeg 20200322_162648-01.jpeg

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Are you trying to grow a beard, or are you just being lazy because you don't have to go into the office again anytime soon?

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
And what is the weird structure thingie in the foreground of the last picture? Kind of looks like a very disproportionate moose.

TS
Tony S

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Are you trying to grow a beard, or are you just being lazy because you don't have to go into the office again anytime soon?

I'm not TRYING to grow a beard; it just grows.

But yes, it's because I'm lazy.

TS
Tony S

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
And what is the weird structure thingie in the foreground of the last picture? Kind of looks like a very disproportionate moose.

Exactly what it is.

TS
Tony S

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Next year you get to bring your downhill skis again!

James

Out There
Instructor
What happens to the moose sculpture when the lake melts?

Sponsor

Staff online