• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Replacing Power Strap

MBF67

Booting up
Skier
My Salomon X-Pro 100s are 2 years old and the velcro power straps have almost worn out - the velcro doesn't always hold. Question is - is it better to have the strap replaced (and how much should that cost) or should I remove them and go with a new set of Booster Straps.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Booster Strap......

Best out there.

TS
M

MBF67

Booting up
Skier
2 questions then:

1) Which one should I get? Based on my weight (160 lbs) they suggest the intermediate band. I am a strong, somewhat aggressive skier. Should I get the next one up?

2) Do these need to be installed and if so, is it easy enough to do on your own? What about removing the current strap?

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
My 140lb not super aggressive but very compentent wife uses the WC....just get the stiffest one.

If you have screws that hold in your current strap its easy, if you have rivets you need to drill them out and find a stop and screw for the Booster.

You also need an Awl and torch to heat up the Awl, so you can put holes in the Booster with out it fraying, a solder iron with a tip you do not care to keep clean will work as well.

TS
M

MBF67

Booting up
Skier
My 140lb not super aggressive but very compentent wife uses the WC....just get the stiffest one.

If you have screws that hold in your current strap its easy, if you have rivets you need to drill them out and find a stop and screw for the Booster.

You also need an Awl and torch to heat up the Awl, so you can put holes in the Booster with out it fraying, a solder iron with a tip you do not care to keep clean will work as well.
Yikes!!

I have rivets and am not that handy (and afraid of power tools). Any guesses on how much a shop would charge to replace the strap with a booster strap?

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
no idea....my guess is free if you buy the strap from them.

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^ That's how it worked for me recently.

L&AirC

PSIA Instructor and USSA Coach
Skier
A couple years back I remember installing booster straps was about $10 or $15. Chances are free if you buy from them as stated.

Juanito

Putting on skis
Skier
I recently bought a new pair of boots and Booster straps from my local boot fitter. During a follow-on adjustment, I paid $45 for the Intermediate strap, installed. The strap is about $37 online, so install was $8.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
  • Philpug
    Notorious P.U.G.
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid