• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Replacement for S7?

Myrddin

Booting up
Skier
Long time lurker, first time poster looking for some advice - what’s the current equivalent to the original Rossi S7?

I picked up a pair for my wife years ago and she loves the friggin’ things. Until last year, she used them in all conditions – last season, I finally convinced her to get something narrower for firmer conditions (Dynastar Legend W96).

But the S7’s are now pretty beat so I’m looking to replace them. What current ski has the same ease of use in powder that is still forgiving/manageable on hardpack? 110mm-ish width.

My wife is a solid skier, 40-50 days/year, all at Fernie. But she’s definitely not a charger. Also, we’re headed to Japan this season, so this would be the ski we’re taking there.

She tried a 2016 Star 7 last year – it was OK but she didn’t love it. I think she missed the “auto-pilot” ease of use of the S7.

My current thought is the DPS Wailer/Yvette 112 – likely in the Foundation build – as they sound like they have a high ease of use factor. Anything else I should be considering?

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
You might have her take a look at the Liberty Genesis 106. I don't know about the S7 but Liberty is producing some grin-making skis. @Tricia, I know you didn't get a chance to ski them in powder but you felt they'd be great. How would the compare to the S7? Do you know any of the ladies on here who are skiing it?

Analisa

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Sheeva or Rustler 11. Classic Blizzard women's ski that's easy and intuitive, yet can also be pushed and works for a lot of different styles and ability levels. I've also noticed a lot of friends snatching up Atomic Backlands in the past year - whether the new 102/107 construction or the old 102/109 from 2018.

chip inderhol

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I had the original S7. Had the burning birdhouse graphics. Stupid easy to ski. I also have the Super 7 HD. Not the same ski. S7 had such a big tip/tail splay on it, Super 7 is more gradual. Not knowing you wife's height or weight, I would say that a 1 oh something might work. Soul 7 W?

Sponsor

Staff online