• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Repairing Smith Turbofan switch

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
Has anyone successfully repaired the switch on the Turbofan goggles. Mine has been giving me issues for a while and I believe it's just the switch itself.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
If there is a removable battery plug that allows a charger to be plugged in, then it could be a battery connection issue.

I had an issue with a heated glove that I initially thought was a on/off switch problem, but it turned out to be a battery connection issue. I improved the connection with a bit of dielectric grease on the connection terminals.

TS
Jersey Skier

Jersey Skier

Skier
If there is a removable battery plug that allows a charger to be plugged in, then it could be a battery connection issue.

I had an issue with a heated glove that I initially thought was a on/off switch problem, but it turned out to be a battery connection issue. I improved the connection with a bit of dielectric grease on the connection terminals.
No plugs, no recharging. Plain old AAA battery.

oldschoolskier

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Try a drop of De-oxit in the switch, most pf these products are cheap and easily get moisture inside causing problems. That doesn’t work get out your ohm meter and start tracing the problem.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Has anyone successfully repaired the switch on the Turbofan goggles.

I know a guy... :ogbiggrin:
1615488415570.png

TS
Jersey Skier

Jersey Skier

Skier
Try a drop of De-oxit in the switch, most pf these products are cheap and easily get moisture inside causing problems. That doesn’t work get out your ohm meter and start tracing the problem.

I've got some other contact cleaner we use for E-bikes. Good enough?

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
Smith replaced the goggles for free for me when the fan failed. Check with them whether that policy continues.

TS
Jersey Skier

Jersey Skier

Skier
Smith replaced the goggles for free for me when the fan failed. Check with them whether that policy continues.

Smith no longer does the Turbo fan goggles. They offered $150 towards a new goggle. Since I have 4 lenses plus the prescription inserts (and the fan helps) I didn't want to start over. Thanks to @JHust all is good. Swapped his fan and switch over and they work perfectly again.

Sponsor