• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Renting skis near Crystal Mountain (Washington)

ksampson3

Giving 80% effort 100% of the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm going to have a day this week to ski at Crystal but won't have my skis with me. I checked Crystal's website and it looks like their demo center rents skis for $65 a day. Is there anyplace down the road or close by that is a good place to rent from that might be a bit cheaper? Thanks much.

Analisa

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Where are you coming from/how close is close by? Plenty of options in Seattle and Tacoma, and Enumclaw Ski & Mountain is a little closer. Demos are still close to $50 though.

TS
ksampson3

ksampson3

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Where are you coming from/how close is close by? Plenty of options in Seattle and Tacoma, and Enumclaw Ski & Mountain is a little closer. Demos are still close to $50 though.
I’ll be driving from Tacoma in the morning and then heading back to Seatac in the evening to fly out on a red eye.

Spinning Wheel

Booting up
Skier
Unfortunately there just aren’t a ton of options in the area, especially now that Greenwater Skis stopped renting. If you’re going right to the airport, you’re probably limited to Enumclaw Ski mentioned above and the mountain. Anything else just isn’t going to save you enough to make the hassle worth it.

I should mention that this Saturday (3/30) is a demo day so you might be able to leverage that.

LewyM

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
If you are going on Saturday and plan to utilize the demo day, you should register in advance at the at the Sturtevant's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pg/SturtevantsSports/events/?ref=page_internal

On the other hand, if you truly want to experience Crystal, a demo day isn't ideal - because you have to keep cycling back down through the base area which is doable, but not the way that the mountain is best experienced if you are a strong skier. If you mostly just want to ski, get a feel for Crystal and you have a plane to catch, I'd just pay the small premium and minimize hassle and two trips to a shop in town (which may not be open when you need to pick up or drop off) by demo'ing at the mountain. They have nice gear in the demo pool and you can swap skis at the top if you want to try a few things (assuming you like Rossi and Dynastar).

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Bite the bullet and rent a pair at Crystal. If you only have one day why stress on getting the skis back.

Hope in the end you enjoy that mountain as much as I do. An incredible resort that doesn't get the love it deserves here.

TS
ksampson3

ksampson3

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks, all. I called the rental shop and they have an array of Enforcers in different widths, so that will work. On mountain is the call.