• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sold Renoun Z-90 165 $550 --SOLD

Pumba

Out on the slopes
Skier
I would so like to just buy these...

I’ve been thinking the same thing! I’m in sf right now and fly back to ny tomorrow and there’s extra room in my Ski case.....

My bsl is smaller...@philpug would it be a problem if there are so many holes drilled into the Ski, since I think my bsl is 285 or 286?

K

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I’ve been thinking the same thing! I’m in sf right now and fly back to ny tomorrow and there’s extra room in my Ski case.....

My bsl is smaller...@philpug would it be a problem if there are so many holes drilled into the Ski, since I think my bsl is 285 or 286?

K
No problem at all. But the easy thing is just to mount some Attack Demo's on them.

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hmmmmm....humphhhh....
Do I really need these though? I just got my used fx 85s. I’m just very intrigued by all the hubbub around these z-90s.....and I am in town....
But realistically, aren’t the z-90s and fx85s too similar?

K
You buy them and decide, and if you don't want them, bring them back to Tahoe in the spring. I should have my budget straightened out by then ogsmile

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
165cm is 5cm too short for me.

8cm off on the Pivot holes for my 295BSL, would require a 3rd set of holes, (not interested in using a demo binding).

Gonna pass. Sorry.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Hmmmmm....humphhhh....
Do I really need these though? I just got my used fx 85s. I’m just very intrigued by all the hubbub around these z-90s.....and I am in town....
But realistically, aren’t the z-90s and fx85s too similar?

K
When has it ever been about need? :nono::huh::nono::huh::nono:

Don't go "just by the numbers" these are dramatically different than the Kastle FX's

How heavy are those demo bindings?

20% heavier but really no difference in on snow feel. We are running Attack demo's on all of our skis and see no loss in performance from the weight. If you get last years demo's, they are even less of a difference. In fact, I have a pair that we could put on for you too. :hug::decisions:

TS
Lance

Lance

Booting up
Skier
Hi all, these are still available. As I said before, I’ll consider any reasonable offer.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Why are these still here?

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
What, Santa did not give you $550 for new skis?

Come on, you know you want them

Lol. I just sold a pair of skis so had the cash but just bought a pair of atomic vantage 90ctis. Those will replace my Kenjas so I can then sell those but but but I don't need 2 pairs of skis that are 90 underfoot. But wait I could teach in the atomics and free ski in the renouns... Dammit no I can't.... I hear nothing.. Lalalalalalalalala :decisions:

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Sorry but the 165 is too short for me at 6' 1 or 2" and 195 LBS. I think the 174 would be more for my size. I am on 170 Head Rally and the extra 4 CM on the East Coast ICE is always helpful . I guess the bigger the brakes the easer to stop.

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
Seriously, somebody ought to buy these. I LUV my z-90s. My $.02 is that a) I still like the mount point one cm back of the new (philpug approved) mount point. I am a big guy and like to drive the shovels hard, so I don't mind all that shovel up there. But put Aaatack 13 dems on them and figure it out for yourself. And b) the only thing the OP said I'd disagree with is that these are about the most dampened skis ive ever been on. Even more so than the Motive 95s they replaced. But they aren't dead like the Motives could be. They give feedback like a sports car that is glued to the road, rather than being dead stable like a luxury SUV.

Seriously, somebody make the guy an offer. I think they are worth $550, but if that is out of your budget, make him an offer. You won't regret it.

Emjon

Booting up
Skier
I'm interested in these. I'm a little confused on how to manage the binding mount. Can the previous hole still be used?

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
I’ve got no fear of the mounts & plenty of gear to swap- what do you need/want?!

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm interested in these. I'm a little confused on how to manage the binding mount. Can the previous hole still be used?
Previous holes can still be used if not stripped. I made my shop tap the holes instead of just letting them run the screws in. Unless you're running the same bindings and same BSL at the same mount point you will end up with holes in new locations. Just have the old holes plugged. I don't have the Z-90's, I have the Endurance 98's. I will be buying the Z-90 in the future for a more carving orientated ski to replace my Rossi Pursuit HP's which are tanks. I love my 98's and if these were longer I would buy them for my son in 174 or myself in 180. They're just too short.

Emjon

Booting up
Skier
How does one decide where to mount them? It sounds like once mounted there is some forward / backward flexibility?

Sponsor