• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sold Renoun Z-90 165 $550 --SOLD

Lance

Booting up
Skier
Yes, I’m selling the darling of Pugski.com, the Renoun Z-90 in 165cm length. I’m sure these are great skis, but I just could not make them work for me. I messed with the mount, tune, etc. Based on the nearly universal praise for the Z-90 (https://www.pugski.com/threads/long-term-review-renoun-z-90.798/), I’m going to say the problem is with the skier and not the ski. In any case, I have purchased new skis and it’s time to move on. Hopefully my loss is someone else’s gain.

These are approximately 18 months old, skied about 15 days, originally mounted with Attack demo bindings and later with Look Pivots for a 303 BSL. Top sheets have some normal wear and tear and the bases are in good condition with no notable damage. The skis were recently tuned by California Ski Company in Berkeley and I’ve only skied them 2 days since the tune. I’m selling the skis flat without bindings.

I’m located in the SF Bay Area, and I can meet a buyer locally, or I’ll cover shipping within the US. I'll take $50 off the price if I do not have to ship. Lastly, the price here is a guess. I’ll consider any reasonable offer and I wholeheartedly encourage a bidding war ogsmile. Sale will include a donation to Pugski.com as well.

Thanks for taking a look!

Attachments

• IMG_2326.jpg
    IMG_2326.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_2327.jpg
    IMG_2327.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_2328.jpg
    IMG_2328.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 64

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Wow, no bites on these?

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It's tempting, but I haven't tried them. They sure do sound like they'd be fun to ski.

skibum4ever

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It is tempting. But I can't purchase a ski that I haven't tried, particularly this season when I am slightly injured and not really skiing up to par.

In truth, I probably don't deserve new skis until I'm skiing better. Hopefully someone will make a similar offer next summer.

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yes, I’m selling the darling of Pugski.com, the Renoun Z-90 in 165cm length. I’m sure these are great skis, but I just could not make them work for me. I messed with the mount, tune, etc. Based on the nearly universal praise for the Z-90 (https://www.pugski.com/threads/long-term-review-renoun-z-90.798/), I’m going to say the problem is with the skier and not the ski. In any case, I have purchased new skis and it’s time to move on. Hopefully my loss is someone else’s gain.

These are approximately 18 months old, skied about 15 days, originally mounted with Attack demo bindings and later with Look Pivots for a 303 BSL. Top sheets have some normal wear and tear and the bases are in good condition with no notable damage. The skis were recently tuned by California Ski Company in Berkeley and I’ve only skied them 2 days since the tune. I’m selling the skis flat without bindings.

I’m located in the SF Bay Area, and I can meet a buyer locally, or I’ll cover shipping within the US. I'll take $50 off the price if I do not have to ship. Lastly, the price here is a guess. I’ll consider any reasonable offer and I wholeheartedly encourage a bidding war ogsmile. Sale will include a donation to Pugski.com as well.

Thanks for taking a look!
I'm curious as to what didn't work for you, if you don't mind saying.

TS
Lance

Lance

Booting up
Skier
I'm curious as to what didn't work for you, if you don't mind saying.
I don't mind at all. I'll try to make a long story relatively short. I originally owned the Z-90 in 174. I loved it on hardback and groomers, but I found it a bit much to handle in bumps and mixed conditions. Renoun let me swap my 174's for 165's thinking they might be more maneuverable for me. Well, they are more maneuverable, but they just ski too short for me. In hindsight, I should have kept the 174's and improved my technique to handle them...amateur move on my part.

I've also found I prefer damper charging skis like Head, Blizzards, etc. They fit my less technical style a bit better than the Z-90 does. Prior to buying the Z-90's, I had not purchased new skis in 15 years, so I'm not a qualified gearhead like most of the Pugski community. I'm learning!

Hope this helps!

P.S.still no serious bites on these. I will consider any reasonable offer.

TS
Lance

Lance

Booting up
Skier
Another set of Attack Demo's? Unless the holes have been stripped, yes.
California Ski Co removed the old bindings and those guys are pretty good at their craft. If you are in the bay area, you are welcome to bring them to your local ski shop to see if your preferred bindings will work.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Too short or I'd be all over these.......
While I prefer the 180 now, the 174..if you are skiing most of your time in Michigan would be good ulness you are 6' 210lb plus. Maybe you are....if not...jump on them.

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
While I prefer the 180 now, the 174..if you are skiing most of your time in Michigan would be good ulness you are 6' 210lb plus. Maybe you are....if not...jump on them.
I'm 6'1" and 205......and he's selling 165's. I have an FIS SL ski :)

Sponsor

Staff online