• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Renoun questions

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I was just about to invest in a Renoun Z-90, but could help thinking about another ski as a complement. I went to an ON3P demo day yesterday (will post in a separate thread). I also began thinking about a wider Renoun and was considering the Endurance 104, however I couldn’t see any reviews on Pugski, and only a year-and-a-half old thread on Exotic Skis. Surfing to Renoun’s website they don’t seem to offer the 104 any longer.

However, they have an email sign-up for information about the Citadel, “ Our widest and lightest ski.”

Inquiring minds have questions. I’m wondering if this is a situation like the revamped Endurance 98, where Phil knows a few things but is sworn to secrecy? In any event I’m curious about the fate of the Endurance 104’s. I suppose I’ll have to be patient about the Citadel.

In the meantime, I alsomight just snag that ON3P Billy Goat.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I was just about to invest in a Renoun Z-90, but could help thinking about another ski as a complement. I went to an ON3P demo day yesterday (will post in a separate thread). I also began thinking about a wider Renoun and was considering the Endurance 104, however I couldn’t see any reviews on Pugski, and only a year-and-a-half old thread on Exotic Skis. Surfing to Renoun’s website they don’t seem to offer the 104 any longer.

However, they have an email sign-up for information about the Citadel, “ Our widest and lightest ski.”

Inquiring minds have questions. I’m wondering if this is a situation like the revamped Endurance 98, where Phil knows a few things but is sworn to secrecy? In any event I’m curious about the fate of the Endurance 104’s. I suppose I’ll have to be patient about the Citadel.

In the meantime, I alsomight just snag that ON3P Billy Goat.
Expect something this week...early this week. :popcorn:

TS
David Chaus

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
OK, thanks.

So whatever happened with the Endurance 104? Just didn’t sell?

Qpud

Booting up
Skier
Blister gear did an early review of the 104. A bit inconclusive, with an overall inpression that it was a surprisingly burly ski, and they couldn't quite figure out the ski.

Gorilla Stance

Booting up
Skier
Was looking through the renoun site (way out of my price range this season, but definitely a company I will be keeping my eye on), and was floored by how little camber these skis have for even the seemingly groomer-based Z-line skis. Less than 2cm camber?! I'm probably just incredibly naive, dumb, and/or overly simplistic, but I always figured skinny groomer skis to need much more camber than that. Is this really just by virtue of the HDT?

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
Was looking through the renoun site (way out of my price range this season, but definitely a company I will be keeping my eye on), and was floored by how little camber these skis have for even the seemingly groomer-based Z-line skis. Less than 2cm camber?! I'm probably just incredibly naive, dumb, and/or overly simplistic, but I always figured skinny groomer skis to need much more camber than that. Is this really just by virtue of the HDT?

Here are my 2cts after demoing the Z90 in 180cm (or so, don't remember the exact length). In comparison, my (narrower) Head Rally is a lot more of a carver. More camber, more energetic, more alive. BUT, the Z90 is super steady, and it will hold an edge. Think sedan vs sports car.

Also, in comparison, my Dynastar Powertracks 89, same width, similar length, are also damp, but don't hold an edge as well. They will release more easily and pivot more easily. All things said, the Z90 would be a really nice all mountain ski wide enough to float in most, and carvy enough to make me happy. The stability / terrain absorption is remarkable IMHO.

Last edited:
TS
David Chaus

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I’m looking forward to getting on my Z90’s to see if it will do what I want as a carver, in addition to being my daily driver. The ability to absorb the crud and cut up terrain we get in the PNW is exactly what I want, and it may be a fine groomer ski for the PNW as well. If I find I want something that’s more of a pure carver, I’m thinking of a K2 Supercharger, Rally/Titan, DPS Cassiar 82 or Trainer sort of thing. I’m also open to suggestions.

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
Blister gear did an early review of the 104. A bit inconclusive, with an overall inpression that it was a surprisingly burly ski, and they couldn't quite figure out the ski.

The 104 is my fav from Renoun & I’m super sad to see it go.

I may even unload my 98’s as I have the Citadels en route.

TS
David Chaus

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
The 104 is my fav from Renoun & I’m super sad to see it go.

I may even unload my 98’s as I have the Citadels en route.

A little quiver overlap with the 104 and the Citadel? Or are you replacing/ upgrading the 104?

Brian Finch

Industry Insider
A little quiver overlap with the 104 and the Citadel? Or are you replacing/ upgrading the 104?

The Citadel is more carveable & maneuverable. I’ll be skiing it in a 191 on POW POW days. Will be running Wardens on them for the Progressive Transfer Pads (rubbery shims).

The 104 is all business as a charger. Perhaps my favorite ski ever. Using Jesters, I think they may have run over several trees, skiers, buses last season - couldn’t tell, felt nada....

98 for myself was the enigmatic ski. I had it mounted on the line & it likes to noodle around, but just never matched the 104 at speed.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Having skied quite a bit on the Z-90s during the last 2 seasons it is definitely at the top of my list as a daily driver. It does everything I needed it to do better than adequately. It's shape just pulls you into the turn but can be released as needed. It is damp without being dead. Burly enough to push through glop that it doesn't float over.

I’m also open to suggestions.
If you get a chance, demo the new Head V series, specifically the V8 and V10. Near Rally/Titan carving without being quite as demanding (or expensive). I really enjoyed the V8 on some really nice groomers at Mammoth during testing last season.

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
Ditto what @Andy Mink said.. Z-90 was pretty much my 1 ski quiver last winter. From 10" to piles of gack w/ice in between,lots of groomers, trees, bumps, these skis are amazing and Yes they are that smooth, I can't wait to get back on them.

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I just got on my new Z-90's yesterday for the first time. I like them a lot better on the groomers than my Endurance 98's. I was railing turns. @ChunderBlunder said it was the best he's ever seen me ski. A number of the other patrollers even commented on my skiing last night. I am wondering how the Endurance will fit into my quiver now. I really like the Endurance but I never really made peace with them. I also haven't moved the mount point back yet and doing that may change everything. Everyone I know is running theirs -2 to -4 to the factory CL. I have a pair of Attack Demo's I am going to mount on them. For the record, I have the Ver 2.0 98's.

Brian Finch

Industry Insider
I just got on my new Z-90's yesterday for the first time. I like them a lot better on the groomers than my Endurance 98's. I was railing turns. @ChunderBlunder said it was the best he's ever seen me ski. A number of the other patrollers even commented on my skiing last night. I am wondering how the Endurance will fit into my quiver now. I really like the Endurance but I never really made peace with them. I also haven't moved the mount point back yet and doing that may change everything. Everyone I know is running theirs -2 to -4 to the factory CL. I have a pair of Attack Demo's I am going to mount on them. For the record, I have the Ver 2.0 98's.

I went -4 on my 104s from -1 originally & it’s a completely more agreeable ski. I have my Minty 98s still that are mounted Center & I have been trying to sell em with no bites. May hold onto em & remount them.