• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
RENOUN SKIS
www.renoun.com

~~~~~

Tesla_Ski_Elon_Musk_RENOUN_1.png

As a company centered around innovation, the high-tech ski company RENOUN has a perpetual soft spot for Elon Musk and the companies he’s created.

RENOUN always felt someone like the real-life Iron Man should be on a pair of skis with futuristic technology — so they made him some.

They’ve been hunting him down for the last 3 years and just shipped Mr. Musk his skis: a 1-of-1 pair design in iconic Tesla Red based off the original Endurance design. It’s a “thank you” to one of the grittiest and most determined men of this century — and one who’s bound to change it.

Under the hood, the skis are also unique — just like a Tesla. All RENOUN skis incorporate HDT: a material that makes the skis feel stiffer as speeds increase, which make the smoothest and most controlled skis in the world. They essentially adapt on-the-fly to conditions.

The technology has won RENOUN more awards than they have full-time employees.

The skis for Elon have RENOUN’s tagline “Rules are meant to be broken” and our a little note printed on the ski that says: “for the man daring to break more than a few rules”.

“The guy is a badass and he deserves badass skis” says Founder Cyrus Schenck.

Tesla_Ski_Elon_Musk_RENOUN_4.png

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
That is a great looking ski.
Maybe they'll be seeing skiing around Tahoe this season.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
maybe they are touring skis.

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
So what binding would you put on these :)

Should he even mount these or just put them on display somewhere? I kinda thought there would be a supercharger port on these or solar panels somewhere...

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Why does a reclusive billionaire public figure want to be that recognizable in a lift line?
Have you ever seen him ski around Tahoe? I have. He's not easy to miss.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Any idea where?
I know he skis out of Northstar. A friend of ours who instructs there had someone he was with. We also saw him leaving Martis Camp one day.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I am guessing not at Mt Rose, so either Squaw or Northstar?
Northstar for sure, and I think Squaw as well.

A couple years ago he was driving the Tesla Model 3 before it was released. @Philpug recognized it right away.
I think that was the time he ad his companion paid for a private lesson just to get line cuts.

RachelV

I run TheSkiDiva.com and work at OpenSnow.
Ski Diva Tester
Have you ever seen him ski around Tahoe? I have. He's not easy to miss.

Oh yeah? How so? I am legitimately curious as to what makes him stand out on the slopes (aside from the forthcoming custom skis ;) ).

Sponsor