• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 6.33.02 AM.png
These two premium skis are sure to be compared over a snifter of one's favorite Cognac. This was actually a tougher comparison last year before the Endurance evolved to its newer shape. Last year I referred to the Endurance 98 as the ski that the FX95 wanted to be, a bit stronger with a touch more personality in the extremities. Now the new Endurance is almost more like a cross between the MX99 and FX95 HP (stay tuned for this upcoming Cage Match).

I don't like the term "all new" because unless the name changes, too, it really isn’t "all new." Renoun went back to the drawing board to produce the V3.0 Endurance because after numerous discussions with Cyrus, we concluded that the original wasn’t as versatile as it needed to be. IMHO, V3.0 is a success. It is significantly changed from the first two generations; the only things that really carry over are that it says "Renoun Endurance" on the topskin and the waist is 98mm; past that, it is a whole new ski. Cyrus nailed everything that we like about a 98mm ski: it's solid and damp and still can be worked into a bunch of turn shapes. This is another application where Renoun’s patented HDT shines.

The Chris Davenport-designed FX95 HP is a charger that likes to run. It will make solid GS turns at any speed that you are comfortable with, in most any condition; for the more finesse skiers, Kästle offers a non-HP version, as well. The taper in the tip and tail allows you to work the ski and does not require you to be on edge the whole time, workability that really shines when you are in three-dimensional snow and muck. The shape of the tip and tail allows you to make the the turn you want to make and does not force you into any particular turn shape.
  • Why choose the FX95 HP? You like to work a ski yet not lose top-end speed, and you also like trees and three-dimensional snow.
  • Why choose the Endurance 98 V3.0? Light and solid, a rare combination, is your goal. You want a 98mm ski that will come into a turn and finish well but not launch you across the hill.

Alexzn

Ski Squaw
Skier
I’m yet to be convinced. The v1 of the Renoun that I skied did not convince me at all, but that was eons ago. No other ski delivered me the combination of dampness, malleable steering, and ability to power you out if a tough spot than FX95HP. On the description alone the Endurance v3 is the right competitor, although you are talking boutique low volume manufacturer vs premium brand with economies of scale.

Daves not here

Getting off the lift
Skier
I would love to get on them and test them out. I still find that my Bonafide (first iteration of Carbon) are better (for me) than most other 98-ish I have tried (Enforcer, mantra, mantra m5, monster). I have only demo’d the 95HP and that is the only one that really got me interested outside of my Bones. Wish the Renouns were bigger and more available.

Alexzn

Ski Squaw
Skier
I would love to get on them and test them out. I still find that my Bonafide (first iteration of Carbon) are better (for me) than most other 98-ish I have tried (Enforcer, mantra, mantra m5, monster). I have only demo’d the 95HP and that is the only one that really got me interested outside of my Bones. Wish the Renouns were bigger and more available.

Well, the only person who can actually do something about this statement liked your post :D.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid