• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

skibum4ever

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Not sure if this post is permitted,but I spotted a pair of Renoun 107s in 185 cm being sold on EBay. I guess they are a much earlier model.

Moderator, please delete if this post if against Forum rules.

Last edited:

Chubb

Booting up
Skier
Not sure if this post is permitted,but I spotted a pair of Renoun 107s in 185 cm being sold on EBay. I guess they are a much earlier model.

Moderator, please delete if this post if against Forum rules.

Those Ebay skis look like a non-functional display sample since the topskin and composite layer are cutaway on one ski to show the core and HDT strips.

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have a couple of questions.. Just received my citadels last week. Looking through this thread, I see @Philpug has said mount point at 33-1/8" from tail, @Brian Finch says 32-1/2. I think I saw somewhere else someone said -1cm , someone said - 3.5cm. Jonathan at Blister says -5.25 from centre , 86.1 from tail.
As a result, I am now thoroughly confused. I think I will mount Attack 13 demos, so there is a bit of room for play, but would like to put them on the optimal spot to start.
I have the 185's
My next question is did I get the right size. Starting to second guess myself, always a bad thing, so I am looking for reassurance that I made the right choice. I am 5' - 8 , 210lbs, very good skier. I usually pick the middle size ski in a lineup, which is why I chose the 185. I have some Z-90 in 174, FX94's in 176 and am happy with those sizes. My eastern carving skis are all in the 170 -172 range, again middle of the lineup.
Any thoughts?

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
I have a couple of questions.. Just received my citadels last week. Looking through this thread, I see @Philpug has said mount point at 33-1/8" from tail, @Brian Finch says 32-1/2. I think I saw somewhere else someone said -1cm , someone said - 3.5cm. Jonathan at Blister says -5.25 from centre , 86.1 from tail.
As a result, I am now thoroughly confused. I think I will mount Attack 13 demos, so there is a bit of room for play, but would like to put them on the optimal spot to start.
I have the 185's
My next question is did I get the right size. Starting to second guess myself, always a bad thing, so I am looking for reassurance that I made the right choice. I am 5' - 8 , 210lbs, very good skier. I usually pick the middle size ski in a lineup, which is why I chose the 185. I have some Z-90 in 174, FX94's in 176 and am happy with those sizes. My eastern carving skis are all in the 170 -172 range, again middle of the lineup.
Any thoughts?

My answers: I have no idea & yes!

I’m confused over the mount- Phil, Blister & I are all in same ballpark, ~3-4 back of the manufacturer.

I went 191 as I have the 98/104 in 184cm & plan to use it as a more hi speed bomber.

Last edited:

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks . I'm still confused. Fortunately I have lots of time to mount these. Hopefully by then you guys will have it dialled.
~3-4 back of the manufacture.
Thats 3 - 4 cms behind the factory mount point? Is that for the 191? what would that be for the 185?

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks . I'm still confused. Fortunately I have lots of time to mount these. Hopefully by then you guys will have it dialled.
~3-4 back of the manufacture.
Thats 3 - 4 cms behind the factory mount point? Thats for the 191? What would it be for the 185?

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
If you get those Attack Demos....just mount them on the Renoun recommended line and you can adjust accordingly until you find the “sweet spot” that “you” like.

*That is the positive of putting a demo binding onto a ski that you have no idea where to mount.

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
If you get those Attack Demos....just mount them on the Renoun recommended line and you can adjust accordingly until you find the “sweet spot” that “you” like.

*That is the positive of putting a demo binding onto a ski that you have no idea where to mount.
I agree wholeheartedly with this approach.

HOWEVER. There is enough discrepancy between the factory and the midpoint of @Philpug and @Brian Finch that I would at least split the difference.

My experience with the z-90s was that I mounted A13 demos on Phil's line, which was like 2 cm behind the factory line. And I still like them about .5cm back from that the best. If I had mounted on factory, I'd be 2.5cm back. I don't have enormous feet, but there are limits to how far you can fudge the setting even on demos.

Brian Finch

Industry Insider
Thats 3 - 4 cms behind the factory mount point? Thats for the 191? What would it be for the 185?

That would be for the 185.

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thats 3 - 4 cms behind the factory mount point? Is that for the 191? what would that be for the 185?
I thought the minus 3-4 was for the Endurance line.....are the Citadels running the same @Philpug ??

Brian Finch

Industry Insider
I thought the minus 3-4 was for the Endurance line.....are the Citadels running the same @Philpug ??

6EF3DA52-A6F6-4419-A909-3AFED16202C5.jpeg

188 cm Megawatts @0
185 cm Citadel @0
184 cm Endurance 98 @0
184 cm Endurance 104 @-1

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I skied the proto Citadel in 185 cm and I have been in contact with Cyrus about the ski. I moved the bindings on the ski I used -3-4 cm back of the factory line. I am a big guy with a 29.5 boot.

HERE IS THE IMPORTANT INFO YOU NEED: Cyrus adjusted the mounting point and factory line on the Citadel for the production run (he moved it back). All the info people have posted WILL NOT APPLY to the Citadel skis being delivered from Renoun. Cyrus said he adjusted the sidecut/shape and the mounting point to match up. I don't have details on what he did, but it was in response to feedback on the proto skis.

The best advice is use the adjustable demo bindings you plan to, call Cyrus to get his take on mounting point, and my speculation is the best place to mount will be on the factory line for the production Citadel.

One other thing I will mention on the demo bindings. I have a 29.5 boot and have used the Attack 13 demo bindings. I like them a lot. When I suspect I need to move the binding around, I don't have binding mounted in the numerical spot for my boot size. If I do, I can't move the binding back much at all and it can go forward a lot. I tend to want equal back and front movement, or sometimes more back than front movement. This will depend on your boot size, but you might want to bias the mounting to give you equal movement in both directions. I figure this out by setting the binding on the ski with my boot in it (sometimes I tape or clamp the binding to the ski) and moving it around. I determine what BSL (boot sole length) setting gives me equal front/back travel and tell the shop to set the binding at that BSL with my boot mark on the factory mark. I admit this can create confusion with the tech or shop, but I don't know any other way to make it happen, other than mounting yourself. Having written this, and this is probably confusing, I just thought of a more "shop" friendly way to explain this. If you set the binding at your BSL number, but move your boot mark off the factory mark by the appropriate amount, it does the same thing. This will be more acceptable to the shop, a little more work to figure out for you.

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
HERE IS THE IMPORTANT INFO YOU NEED: Cyrus adjusted the mounting point and factory line on the Citadel for the production run (he moved it back). All the info people have posted WILL NOT APPLY to the Citadel skis being delivered from Renoun. Cyrus said he adjusted the sidecut/shape and the mounting point to match up. I don't have details on what he did, but it was in response to feedback on the proto skis.

Actually, let's call @Cyrus Schenck 's attention to the white courtesy phone :D Thank you, Scott!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have seen multiple references to mount points, not only on with the Renouns but other skis and in some cases mount points can change through the production process, we did see it with some Renouns. I have said this before, do NOT jsut no X centimeters or inches from the original mount point, because that number could be an inconsistent point, measure from the tail.

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
, do NOT jsut no X centimeters or inches from the original mount point, because that number could be an inconsistent point, measure from the tail.

Could you clarify please ? I know theres a misspell in there , but I'm still confused. The measure from the tail will be different for different lengths. The centre of the ski will be different, but the factory mount point should be consistent , shouldn't it?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Could you clarify please ? I know theres a misspell in there , but I'm still confused. The measure from the tail will be different for different lengths. The centre of the ski will be different, but the factory mount point should be consistent , shouldn't it?
Yes, measure from the tail because mount points while the should be consistant..are not.

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Measuring from the tail works, but the measurement will be different for each length of a ski. You have to have the number for that length ski.

Another way is distance from the center of the ski. Blister Review uses this number. I am not sure, but that might be the same number for all lengths. It might not be either.

Sponsor

Staff online