• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Yea, making skis and SELLING skis are two way different things. You can be great at the first one but that does not guarantee success in the second one. We have all seen great products not sell well and fade out unfortunately.

I have been working for 15 years in the industry of selling things so I have seen it all, well, almost.

If the selling model included ways to work with retailers, I'd right now be pushing this Citadel, but also the other Renouns, on my friends at Christy's (and Larson's) here locally (and at resorts in Colorado, at least for their more high end outlets). And I'd bet other Pugskiers more connected to buyers than I would be too.

To me it seems like with the addition of a great carbon HDT fat ski, Renoun has stopped being a one trick pony and become of greater interest more generally to at least high end retail outlets. Maybe I'm jumping the gun, and out of sync with the Renoun marketing plan, but I can still wish the best for them......

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
If the selling model included ways to work with retailers, I'd right now be pushing this Citadel, but also the other Renouns, on my friends at Christy's (and Larson's) here locally (and at resorts in Colorado, at least for their more high end outlets). And I'd bet other Pugskiers more connected to buyers than I would be too.

To me it seems like with the addition of a great carbon HDT fat ski, Renoun has stopped being a one trick pony and become of greater interest more generally to at least high end retail outlets. Maybe I'm jumping the gun, and out of sync with the Renoun marketing plan, but I can still wish the best for them......
I believe Cyrus is happier with the direct sales model verses dealing with retail distribution.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
I believe Cyrus is happier with the direct sales model verses dealing with retail distribution.

Rightly so. A small niche co can pretty quickly go broke in retail. By the time you've scaled up and then been stiifed by a few retaillers going bump. Plus your product is only as good as the shop rat slinging it.

ChrisFromOC

Putting on skis
Skier
Retail is in the future eventually. 2-5 years out. For now we’re too small.

Good thing that you recognize that, as rapid growth can result in many problems concerning logistics, inventory, returns, etc. While I have not yet tried your products, the high praise on this site from many experienced skiers should prove valuable to support more widespread recognition and adoption.

richddt

Booting up
Skier
Anyone skied the older Endurance 108? I found a pair selling locally , but dunno how well they ski?

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier

That's why I said it the way I did: "out of sync" for now; But simply wishing him the best, whatever way he chooses, and feeling that adding a great fat ski (the bread and butter of most independents) should expand the possibilities, at some point, whatever the plans. (And, gad, I love good fat skis, can't help it.) :golfclap:

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
That's why I said it the way I did: "out of sync" for now; But simply wishing him the best, whatever way he chooses, and feeling that adding a great fat ski (the bread and butter of most independents) should expand the possibilities, at some point, whatever the plans. (And, gad, I love good fat skis, can't help it.) :golfclap:
I love fat skis and I cannot lie . . .

FISA says you (too) fat . . . but I ain't down with that

Ecimmortal

Getting off the lift
Skier
Don’t be in too much of a hurry! When my wife & I were importing/distributing skis/products from the EU we quickly learned that the larger the circle became, the more diluted the vision became.

A lot of smaller brands that broke in to retail are backing off of that. Not only does the vision become diluted, so does the profit.

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
0F464128-FB17-43A6-BF60-53BA01C0A509.jpeg

@Cyrus Schenck , @Philpug , @Eric Edelstein & I continue to discuss the optimal mounting point!?

Eric Edelstein

ExoticSkis
Skier
Industry Insider
View attachment 43161

@Cyrus Schenck , @Philpug , @Eric Edelstein & I continue to discuss the optimal mounting point!?

First off...bases go face DOWN on the snow. (we're still working on getting this concept through to all the people testing skis around here...)

As far as the mounting point goes on the Citadel:

I played with the mount position a little bit over two days...one day in knee-deep powder, the other day on squeeky-dry styrofoam carving surfaces. I really kinda liked the mount position right on the mark for most antics...maybe back a notch or two for highest speed stuff...but then again, Jeff T. had the Citadels flirting with 79mph on factory mount position and felt nothing but solid, quiet control...so there you have it....more testing needs to happen...but Cyrus seems to have the mount position pretty much on the money for all-purpose usage (in my opinion..but I'm not the authority on the matter)....let's hear more from different people as they get on this first version of the Citadels....see who likes what...

After reflecting on my couple days on these skis, I sincerely think these are game changers because of their incredibly wide, yet high-performance envelope on so many surfaces. Lightweight, yet rock-solid stable and quiet at speeds and junky surface conditions. Surfy fun and easy in powder, yet able to rip trenches across hardpack with very little effort...as a 106 underfoot semi-widebody ski. Fun fun fun. Renoun just raised the bar. I'm still struggling to find something about these skis I don't like. Can't wait to hear more people's opinions on these exotic skis....

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
I had em all over & settled on 33 & 1/8th inches from the tail of -1cm from the factory line.

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Brian and Erik, what size boots do you wear?

I have 29.5 boots and find that -1 cm from factory line usually works best for me. I am close to putting a deposit on the 191cm length. I think you guys are on the 185cm, so it might not be apples to apples.

Sponsor