• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Red Lodge Critter Problems

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Good luck on getting the deer and turkey out of town. That cat (or those cats) have very short odds if they don't move on.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Now there is a thread title.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Critters has a different definition in the Rockies than it does in Virginia!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Just get a laser pointer.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The turkeys around here have been going crazy. They just walk around back yards or the street with no fear. No wonder the hungry colonists hunted them to eradication. They don't really bother anyone unless they poop on your car.

James

Out There
Instructor
The turkeys around here have been going crazy. They just walk around back yards or the street with no fear. No wonder the hungry colonists hunted them to eradication. They don't really bother anyone unless they poop on your car.
Not true! Listen to the story. I think @Dave Petersen had some attacking turkey stories.
What I remember is if the turkey is near coming towards you, don't look away, as that's when they attack. Almost the opposite of other animals.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Not true! Listen to the story. I think @Dave Petersen had some attacking turkey stories.
What I remember is if the turkey is near coming towards you, don't look away, as that's when they attack. Almost the opposite of other animals.

For the most part they're just dumb but they've seen me at the smoker enough to clear a wide path. My cats keep a safe distance.

Besides Edgartown the turkeys probably just take after the human inhabitants.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Yep, a few years ago I had one harass me on a walk near my house. He came up behind me and nipped me. I shooed him away, but he kept coming back and nipping me again. I finally had to walk home backwards to keep an eye on him.