Recommended bibs for women?

Discussion in 'Softgoods: Clothing, Helmets, Goggles, and More' started by luliski, Jan 7, 2019.

1. luliski

luliski Out on the slopes Skier

After skiing in stormy conditions for 3 days, and having grown out of two of my most water-repellent pair of ski pants, I'm thinking I'd like some bibs.
    I almost always wear insulated pants, so I'd want the bibs to be insulated. They should repel water well too.
    Any women out there have bibs they love?

2. Analisa

Analisa Out on the slopes Skier

Most insulated bibs are only waterproof to 10k mm/h2o (really middle of the road at best) since the retail price on an insulated bib with top tier waterproofing would be ~$625+ (and wouldn't move very often off the shelves). Picture Organic Ticket, Saga Rogue, and Flylow Sphinx are at least fully-taped at the seams.

Dakine Beretta might also be worth a look since they've got really nice waterproofing, and while a shell, they have a flannel backer lining that adds some warmth.

Or go with a pant that checks all the weatherproofing boxes (Arcteryx Kakeela is my fave) and get the ski suspenders. Or, do a combo like a shell bib with a pair of Marmot Toaster insulated pants are a pretty solid combo.

3. Miller

Miller Booting up Skier

Those Marmot Toasters look pretty sweet. Might have to pick up a men's pair for cold New England days.

4. Andy Mink

Andy Mink I am a half fast skier. Moderator Pugski Ski Tester

Paging @Tricia. You like those HH bibs but I can't remember which they are.

5. LKLA

LKLA Out on the slopes Skier

My wife swears by the Arcteryx Beta SV bib shell and the Arcteryx Kukeela for insulated pants.

If you go with the Beta SV, I would recommend getting couple of Arcteryx RHO AR pants to wear underneath as insulation.

She also has a pair of Kjus Formula pants that are insulated (bought them because she liked the color :rolleyes:)

6. Tricia

Tricia The Velvet Hammer Admin Pugski Ski Tester

I have the Helly Hansen Powder Queen Bib.
    LOVE it!

luliski likes this.
  7. Thread Starter
    TS
    luliski

Thanks, everyone!

8. Tricia

@luliski if you stop by the shop when I'm there, I can help you with some bibs. We have a few options for women this year.

socalgal and luliski like this.
  9. SBrown

SBrown Steve Admin Pugski Ski Tester

Trew has some women's bibs that are 20k and look interesting: I haven't tried them, though.

10. Tricia

I haven't seen those. I should check them out, wonder if they're at SIA.

The shop where I work a couple days a week carries Burton, and volcom bibs, among other brands of ski pants.

11. Thread Starter
    TS
    luliski

Thanks for the heads up on these. Evo has them on sale, and I just ordered a pair. $239 for 20k bibs seems pretty good to me. They're not insulated, but that makes them more versatile. Now it can keep storming in the Sierras!

SBrown likes this.
  12. Thread Starter
    TS
    luliski

Hopefully we'll ski together soon and you can check them out. I just ordered them.