• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mike Rogers

Out on the slopes
Skier
I'd like to account for our different BG experiences, but not sure how.

@Sbum02030 's experience makes sense me.

The BG might not be the ski for the OP (or the Wren), but since he is so close to the factory, and he has already mentioned that he is having a bit of trouble finding powder skis to demo, they might be worth a look. Nothing to lose, anyway.

My recommendation was more of a try than a buy.

We might be reading too much into his race background.

Many people with race backgrounds are happy back off a bit, especially in powder, and especially with friends. The OP seemed to really enjoy the 172 Soul 7's, and they aren't exactly fat GS skis.

But I definitely agree that if you were to buy blind, or have a narrow list for demo, a more traditional ski will be a much safer bet.

James

Out There
Instructor
Marcus Caston can ski straight skis and make them look fun.

He ain't the barometer :hail:
Well we all had fun on straight skis when that's all there was.

It's seemingly a more chargier version than the Bonafide. With good sizing and sidecuts and not gobs of rocker.
Cochise:
179 - 135, 108, 121 , 25m
185 - 136, 108, 122, 27m
192 - 136, 108, 122, 29m

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Cochise for a powder ski.... crud yes, powder, there are many better including the Bodacious which is ridiculously better.

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Cochise for a powder ski.... crud yes, powder, there are many better including the Bodacious which is ridiculously better.
As long as it is the OG Bodacious or it's reincarnation this past year or so. In between, that ski was not a true Bodacious, whatever its merits!!!!!

(There's a whole list of great skis that charge wonderfully, with narry a trace of float, such as the Cochise. Not powder skis, but fun in their place.
And for diehards.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Tracer 108. Or Rustler 11.. or Enforcer 104. Or. ...... Done. See? Simple. :roflmao:

( but it's not hard to understand a 135 lbs skier liking a Soul 7... we give everyone grief about the Soul 7's, but they're pretty darn fun in the right conditions.. 188 and -2 for me. :) )

Last edited: