• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
Beer? Like a shot of beer? I think that would be a forfeiture right there. :huh:
Agreed, unless the beer is something like this
photo_1_2.jpg

Wolfski

Getting on the lift
Skier
A shot of beer? Really? Did they all get a lime and some salt too?
Now if they all shotgunned a 12oz beer I'd clap, otherwise back to the state liquor store to get a proper liquid

TS
Doug Briggs

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
No. The last time I did a drinking game I was 20 and in a body cast. 40 years ago.

I prefer my imbibing without rules or penalties, apart from the occasional hangover.

TS
Doug Briggs

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
More in the drinking challenge discussion:

‘We may need to squash the quaff’: Town of Breckenridge mulls whether to host Dew Tour drinking event

Tentative plans for a new Dew Tour beer drinking event in Breckenridge may have ceased before they started as the Breckenridge Town Council is deciding whether it wants to welcome a "quaffing" competition this winter.

Quaffing is a beer drinking game, popular amongst many skiers and snowboarders, that typically involves drinking a beer as fast as you can after it is slid down a table surface from a teammate located at the other end.

The mayor:

"I think it's a little different," Mamula replied. "I won't lie — one shot is different than chugging beers."

Our goal:

This year's iteration of the "World's Longest Shotski" attempt, the sixth consecutive, is scheduled for Jan. 11. It'll be hosted by Breckenridge Distillery and the Breckenridge Mountain Rotary. Event organizers hope to have around 1,300 people take part in the event, which is open to only those 21 and older. The annual downtown event is also a fundraiser for Breckenridge Mountain Rotary and, in past years, has consisted of more than a thousand participants consuming one shot of cinnamon whiskey with 66.6 percent alcohol by volume.

So is a 1300 person shotski with 66.6 % alcohol shots more 'family friendly' than quaffing steins of beer?

Last edited:

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
No. The last time I did a drinking game I was 20 and in a body cast. 40 years ago.

I prefer my imbibing without rules or penalties, apart from the occasional hangover.
The last time I participated in a drinking game (close to 40 years ago):
I almost got killed (got into fist fight with former golden glove champion who was quite adamant that he was going to do so and outweighed me by 100 lbs).
I almost killed someone (boxing rules do not apply in non-sanctioned fights).
I got to be interviewed by the police regarding a person they had arrested later and put in hospital with a coma who was accusing them of causing it.

I don't do drinking games any more.

Sponsor

Staff online