• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Re-Introduction

David Chan

getting after it!
Instructor
Hi all,

Been away tooooooo long. Every so often, I get a chance to ski well into May, and on my Birthday, so I tried to hook up with some old friends, just to get out and ski. Skiing with Phil, Trish, Andy, and Jim today, reminded me of how much I missed being part of an on line skiing community.

I've been trying to keep up some relationships by meeting up with friends, when I ski at other locations other than my home mountain but I am reminded that there were lots of other relationships that were lost over the years.

I'll try to get more involved here as I continue my journey towards skiing (or as Weems once said "sucking") at as high of a level as I can.

Thanks for the turns today Phil, Trish, Andy and Jim!

TS
David Chan

David Chan

getting after it!
Instructor
Now I just need to figure out who everyone is! :)

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
TS
David Chan

David Chan

getting after it!
Instructor
@David Chan, Glad we got to meet & ski after all these years & Happy Birthday!
Thanks Jim.

Was great to meet you in person too (finally) Thanks also for the comments after our quick video run. Helps to have someone with a trained eye confirm what I was working towards.

TS
David Chan

David Chan

getting after it!
Instructor
Just to give everyone an update about myself.

Since the last time I chatted or had dialog with you all, I think I had passed my L3 ski exam and was working towards the teach.

Just as we wrapped up shutting down the other forum was about when I passed my L3 Teach. For several years as a L2, L3 candidate, I had been attending and getting my accreditation as a resort trainer in PSIA-W, In the past 2 years, besides keeping up my resort trainer, I have taken and passed my CS2, and have completed the Divisional trainer program. I think some of you saw some of my posts on facebook.

I have been continuing to train and try to improve my skiing (of course) and also been working on my clinic leading skills. One of my big focus' has been movement analysis.

The rest is just having fun skiing and spending time with friends and family (besides my regular work of course)

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Let’s just not get each other confused, OK?

Hope to meet up and ski someday.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
The more Dave's the merrier I say! :beercheer:

I see you didn't stick with "dchan" after Epic... I did stick with dbostedo. :)

Rainbow Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I think @Pumba and I were your two enthusiastic students on the half pipe at the last JH gathering...Welcome back! I’m in the Tahoe area and would love to ski with you again.

TS
David Chan

David Chan

getting after it!
Instructor
Yup. I remember but was it JH? I don't think I made JH. Maybe Snowmass? I think that's the last time I lead a group through the Half Pipe.

Welcome to California/Tahoe. Are you here for a long time or just visiting? I'm still at Sugar Bowl but don't really start until Dec 26th. Too much of my own work to get away until then.

send me a PM!

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Yup. I remember but was it JH? I don't think I made JH. Maybe Snowmass? I think that's the last time I lead a group through the Half Pipe.

Welcome to California/Tahoe. Are you here for a long time or just visiting? I'm still at Sugar Bowl but don't really start until Dec 26th. Too much of my own work to get away until then.

send me a PM!
It was definitely Snowmass. I have pictures! I really enjoyed that day.
One of us (not me) even got above the rim... well, with one ski anyway:ogcool:

TS
David Chan

David Chan

getting after it!
Instructor
I am pretty sure I have some video too! Fun times.

MDF, didn’t realize you were in Boston area. Bob Binder is in your neck of the woods and I believe he just retired! More skiing for him! :)

Going to miss going to Boston this winter. My wife is from that area and we try to get out there to visit But her trip this winter is right in the middle of high season for the ski school so I can’t get away.

Maybe next year.

Sponsor

Staff online