• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Rate the Turns 2

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
No. Those are authentic Classic Short Swings. Clearly extension turns with a big pivot around the tip. Which is why I have been questioning Reilly's labeling of his super short turns as "Classic." They aren't.

Mike King

AKA Habacomike
Instructor
No. Those are authentic Classic Short Swings. Clearly extension turns with a big pivot around the tip. Which is why I have been questioning Reilly's labeling of his super short turns as "Classic." They aren't.
Except that's exactly what Reilly is doing in his classic short swing turns -- pivoting around the tip.

TS
karlo

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
Except that's exactly what Reilly is doing in his classic short swing turns -- pivoting around the tip.
He discusses that. One of the drills for this turn is an unweighting of the tail. The drill has a name. Some German sounding name

TS
karlo

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
Clearly extension turns with a big pivot around the tip.
At 0:55, the yellow suit on the right, is that a flexion turn?
The pivot around the tip, I think that's what Reilly called the Steilhanger

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
Ha, you beat me by 15 minutes, I just started a thread with this as the subject!

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
wishing I still had my straight skis.

I have one pair that hasn't found it's way the dumpster yet, a pair of Stockli race SL. I was going to take them out this year for grins and giggles, but...never happened :(

TS
karlo

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
I have one pair that hasn't found it's way the dumpster yet, a pair of Stockli race SL. I was going to take them out this year for grins and giggles, but...never happened :(

Would be a blast. Those shaped skis, they’re such a pain,

''Going straight can be difficult on the shaped skis,''

''People are skiing slower and in more control with the new sidecut skis,''

and,

“a skier's improved turning ability is offset by the skis' potential to lock the skier in a groove” :eek: No wonder I’m having so much trouble with the Classic Swing Turn!