• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Random Aching Feet ?

TS
Fishbowl

Fishbowl

A Parallel Universe
Skier
As a brief follow up, my aching feet have been relieved a little with loosening the buckles, especially the top one. The issue, however is still present to varying degrees. I’ve paid a lot of attention to the suggested possibility of my feet swelling, and there seem to be no signs of that happening. In fact, I have very skiinny feet and ankles, so any edema would be easy to spot.

The only factor I have noticed is that my wider skis seem to accentuate the problem. I can ski all day on my 78 underfoot Markers, but moving up to my wider twin tips seems to cause some discomfort. Not sue it could be the extra effort required to get a wider ski on edge, or potentially a slight change in style upsetting my feet?

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
As a brief follow up, my aching feet have been relieved a little with loosening the buckles, especially the top one. The issue, however is still present to varying degrees. I’ve paid a lot of attention to the suggested possibility of my feet swelling, and there seem to be no signs of that happening. In fact, I have very skiinny feet and ankles, so any edema would be easy to spot.

The only factor I have noticed is that my wider skis seem to accentuate the problem. I can ski all day on my 78 underfoot Markers, but moving up to my wider twin tips seems to cause some discomfort. Not sue it could be the extra effort required to get a wider ski on edge, or potentially a slight change in style upsetting my feet?
Are your binding the same on both pairs of skis? It's possible your feet prefer a different delta than what's on your wider skis.

TS
Fishbowl

Fishbowl

A Parallel Universe
Skier
Are your binding the same on both pairs of skis? It's possible your feet prefer a different delta than what's on your wider skis.

Good thought.

One of the bindings is a Marker, so in theory has 0mm Delta, the other is an Attack 13, which I think is +3mm. I'm not sure if that is considered significant or not, but could be a contributing factor?

Plai

Paul Lai
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Good thought.

One of the bindings is a Marker, so in theory has 0mm Delta, the other is an Attack 13, which I think is +3mm. I'm not sure if that is considered significant or not, but could be a contributing factor?

Which binding on which skis?

Another thought/idea... Do you always use the same brand model socks? I'm wondering about different sock thicknesses.

TS
Fishbowl

Fishbowl

A Parallel Universe
Skier
Which binding on which skis?

Another thought/idea... Do you always use the same brand model socks? I'm wondering about different sock thicknesses.

Socks are a constant, I use an ultra light sock from Hot Chill's

The Marker bindings are on my MBX 78s and the Attack 13s are on my Head twin tips, which are 93 cm underfoot.

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Socks are a constant, I use an ultra light sock from Hot Chill's

The Marker bindings are on my MBX 78s and the Attack 13s are on my Head twin tips, which are 93 cm underfoot.
I believe the aaatacks are heel high compared to the Markers.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink