• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
One of the biggest PITA's with 2 and 4 bike tray racks is what to do with them and where to store them when they are not in use. I have tried hanging them from the wall with a large C-hook or putting them in the corner like baby but the awkwardness of the design made it difficult. Most people don't leave them on the car for the year so what to do with them?

Well I found s simple solution that could be use a few different ways and that is a 2" Step Bumper Receiver from Harbor Freight that can be mounted almost anywhere. I chose to mount it on a rolling rack but all you really need is a stable platform so it doesn't tumble over which does defeat the purpose. These can be used two way, I went with a flat mount and plan on storing the rack in the closed position. The other way that this can be done is the receiver mount can be put vertical on a wall (with reinforcement) and the rack can be inserted in the open position.

7H7Gu17fSpGL18Ght3aLIQ.jpg
Jdd+1cLlQs+HP0GtN%OQTA.jpg
O4vXHJlWQVynhJudH4P5Pw.jpg
bHktPe6%TBqgDZ0Z9DU5sA.jpg
0dS7ZZZ7R9WCL%taK22V1A.jpg

Note: I am showing a 1.25" rack in a 2" receiver with a 2:1.25" adaptor. We use the adaptor for this storage and also using the 1.25" rack on the Yukon.

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My rack is sitting in a corner in the garage, barely out of the way. My daughter took the car that has the receiver on it to NY, so right now I'm not even able to use the rack. :(

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
If it we're Tuesday I would be looking for a different type of rack.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Here is the rack loaded. I might use it this was for winter storage.
R1pWGRSLS06foC4v83xtzw.jpg

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
This is actually brilliant. I may want to do something similar ... hmmm ....

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I just recently found one of these that mounts to a wall. It’s on my list of home improvements to do when I have time. I think I’m maxed out for right now.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I just recently found one of these that mounts to a wall. It’s on my list of home improvements to do when I have time. I think I’m maxed out for right now.
.. where?

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I got tired of putting it in the garage so I just lean it against the fence next to my driveway.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Looks like there are a couple of options. It was my idea..they just had it first ;).

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
And skis on the backside...

Sponsor

Staff online