• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Racing?

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Anyone racing this summer? I'm thinking I might be able to dust off the number plates after 2 years of infant care.. :eek:

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I do 1 race a year as a way to make sure I keep fit and keep my weight down. I do the beginner category which is 10 miles or 2 laps. Plenty of climbing and not a super technical track at Sunape, NH's Horror at Harding Hill in mid July. We have friends who live a mile from the trail head so we make a weekend getaway out of it.

TS
scott43

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I've been doing the 1 offs..I think I might do a weekly series this year. Hopefully I can "round" into form quickly! :roflmao:

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
When I quit ski racing, I said I will never put start bib on again. Then there came one day some 4 or 5 years ago, when friend started to bug me to go for mtb marathon with him, so I registered. Of course he got cold feet week before race, but I'm to cheap to throw away registration fee, so I went... and it was fun. Sure I was nowhere near places I have been used to be on races when still actively racing, but it was cool. And from that time, I pretty much do 1 race a season every year. In mtb it's a bit easier then it would be in skiing, as in skiing I would still expect from myself to do good. With mtb, I have never been actively racing, so I don't have expectations, and I can easily go to race with "do the best you can" as the only goal. So whatever result is, if I did all in, I'm happy about :) But I have been training and racing way too much in my past, to go racing today real way... that means real training etc. So it's just fun, which should be the point of recreational racing, especailly at my years (40 and something) :)

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'll do an endurance mtb race or two. Retired from 100s two years ago, but still do a couple 50s or 60s every year.

Once the race starts, I'll admit that I'm pretty darn serious about it.

Mostly, endurance racing allows me to take awesome 4 or 5 hour mtb rides and call them "training"! :P

Sponsor