• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
7DF07ABE-8A16-4884-9B99-3B69C579983E.jpeg

Staying warm between GS runs in the hotel room.

QueueCT

Getting off the lift
Skier
My freshman daughter fell in love with volleyball this year and stopped USSA racing so she could play club volleyball over the winter. I was disappointed but didn't let on though I'm sure she saw through my smiles and "encouragement" to try something new. Partial good news is that she was able fit high school racing around her volleyball practices. We're in CT so not the most competitive league around but there are a few strong U16s/U18s who ski with VT teams. Was fun to see her fall in love with ski racing all over again and simply enjoy flying down the hill as fast as she could. All the pressure was off.

At its heart, high school racing is a team sport and her school is small. While she and another teammate finished 5th and 13th individually for the season, the rest of the team is inexperienced and the team ended up firmly in the middle of the standings. So, while States was a team disappointment, she will head to the Eastern HS Champs in NH next month. With only 6 days on snow before racing actually started, she definitely relied on muscle memory this year.

Of course, the last race of the season last night was an adventure with the outside ski getting a little light.

Photo titles: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

The Good.jpg
The Bad.jpg
The Ugly.jpg

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Sponsor

Staff online