• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

R.I.P. Ski Related

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I did not find a thread about those in the ski industry that have passed, so why not start one. There have been a few obituary posts in different parts of the forum but they may have been in related specific sections of the forum. If there is one I missed than I ask if they could be merged. Based on many on the posts here, the ski industry at least in the USA is ageing. It would be nice to share some of the contributions made to improve our sport and learn about some wonderful people.

TS
Uncle-A

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
David Rapoza passed 11 May 2020 Age 81

David was the inventor, patent holder and manufacture of Artic Fleece. He developed it for the US Navy, Eddie Bauer, Columbia Sportswear and other out door companies. He graduated from M.I.T. with a degree in Textiles, he was the owner of Menra Mills a textiles manufacturing company.

Many of us use Artic Fleece for our mid layer and I have posted that I thought it has replaced the Ski Sweater as the mid layer. It is also used as an important part of the 3 in 1 ski jacket as well the material for many ski vest.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
David Rapoza passed 11 May 2020 Age 81

David was the inventor, patent holder and manufacture of Artic Fleece. He developed it for the US Navy, Eddie Bauer, Columbia Sportswear and other out door companies. He graduated from M.I.T. with a degree in Textiles, he was the owner of Menra Mills a textiles manufacturing company.

Many of us use Artic Fleece for our mid layer and I have posted that I thought it has replaced the Ski Sweater as the mid layer. It is also used as an important part of the 3 in 1 ski jacket as well the material for many ski vest.
Sorry to hear, but I've enjoyed his fleece! I have never used ski sweaters and use Eddie Bauer fleeces because I can get them in XLT, and they are light and warm. RIP

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I like the idea of a running consolidated thread for all ski industry and athlete obituaries. It will be a chronological history of who's who's of the past.

Sponsor