• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Question: Will 180 size skis fit inside a Chevy Tahoe behind 2nd row passenger seats?

Pat AKA mustski

I can keep a Secret
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
My son is traveling to Canada during spring break. They are flying into Portland and want to ski one day at Mt. Hood. Their friend has a Chevy Tahoe. My son is insisting his skis will fit behind the passenger seat (5 of them are riding inside). This sounds wrong to me. Does anyone have a Chevy Tahoe that can speak authoritatively?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
My son is traveling to Canada during spring break. They are flying into Portland and want to ski one day at Mt. Hood. Their friend has a Chevy Tahoe. My son is insisting his skis will fit behind the passenger seat (5 of them are riding inside). This sounds wrong to me. Does anyone have a Chevy Tahoe that can speak authoritatively?
Tahoe? No, that is the same as a SWB Yukon. We have a Yukon XL and a 180 is just a tad long (they go between the two rear buckets).

TS
Pat AKA mustski

Pat AKA mustski

I can keep a Secret
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Thank you. That was what I suspected. I have suggested he just take boots and have a demo day ... but, he takes after me so, he is a tad pig headed!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Thank you. That was what I suspected. I have suggested he just take boots and have a demo day ... but, he takes after me so, he is a tad pig headed!
Usually that skips a generation. ;)

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
Thinking like a college kid ... if the short people sit over on the right, the skis could span the headrests on that side. As long as the boots aren't in the bindings, of course.

What could possibly go wrong? :huh:

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
We fit multiple pairs of skis up to 180cm in my 4 door wrangler. We have to put them from corner to diagonal corner with one seat folded down. It's tight with 2 people in the backseat but it can be done. Perhaps the Tahoe has a shorter cargo area but I don't see why they wouldn't fit if you put them diagonally and then put stuff on top of the skis. The bigger issue would be will all 5 people fit inside; assuming 2 in front and 3 in back.

wallyk

Would rather be ski'n
Skier
Kids......they will figure it one way or another. Assuming that your son is in college, hope they don't know that Mom is asking around, they should be using that higher ed to problem solve. Adding beer to the mix always helps!!!

Ask for a picture of the riders and the skis in the back seat. That should be a good laugh.

LegacyGT

Putting on skis
Skier
On a diagonal I'm pretty sure they'll fit. My 176 skis fit on a diagonal (although the Tahoe in question is the last generation). If it's close, load them tail first and the tails can squeeze into the space to the side of the 2nd row seats. But it's imperfect if you have other cargo or a third row seat back there.

TS
Pat AKA mustski

Pat AKA mustski

I can keep a Secret
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
The truck is in Oregon. It belongs to someone’s parents. Apparently said parents measured and said the skis will fit fine between the bucket seats and still leave room for 7 passengers if necessary. Hmmmm... I think said parents may have failed 9th grade geometry. Either way, he’ll have to figure it out. Some lessons have to be learned first hand! The funny thing is ... he grew up with our Toyota Land Cruiser. If we put down one of the back seats, his (and dad’s) skis fit diagonally. But if there are four of us, the 180s have to go on the rack.

Sponsor

Staff online