• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Question for Weems regarding Brilliant Skiing ...

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
In the same vein of puns and funnies, I was grumbling today to a friend of mine who is a powder whore. Conditions have just been not great the past few days, especially off-piste. She texted me: "You sound a little piste off!" Hahahahah!

And Weems, I am also reading your book and what I am finding is I do best incorporating different aspects of the diamond on different days, in different conditions, and at different times even on the same day. I've had a lot of purely joyous days recently (and all winter, really) and have taken lessons and worked on mostly purpose, or touch. Then put them all together. The past two days, conditions have not been particularly lending towards the joyousness of it all, so I have focused on my technique a lot more, knowing that it will benefit me greatly on the powder days we have coming up, which are days I focus on playing and not much else! :D

Weems

Booting up
Instructor
...I do best incorporating different aspects of the diamond on different days, in different conditions, and at different times even on the same day. :D

Thank you, AmyPJ. This is exactly how it was designed to be used. Also, working on purpose and touch (or any other corners), you might find that these resources inform and support each other simultaneously as well as on different days. It's an underlying connected system to help you discover and refine what you feel you need to focus on at any moment, and to categorize it in a simple way.

Nice work!

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Thank you, AmyPJ. This is exactly how it was designed to be used. Also, working on purpose and touch (or any other corners), you might find that these resources inform and support each other simultaneously as well as on different days. It's an underlying connected system to help you discover and refine what you feel you need to focus on at any moment, and to categorize it in a simple way.

Nice work!
Yes, I am finding this to be true! We've had a real mixed bag of conditions lately, with today being no exception. Wind sheered hard HARD pack, piles of old corn, slush, and fast as HELL snow, all in one run top-to-bottom. Today, I was just feeling out of balance, kept adjusting my stance which wasn't working, then I remembered to tuck my pelvis/tighten my core and voila! The purpose was to get me centered again, and it did :golfclap:

Sponsor