• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pugski Strava Club

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
First Strava ride.

upload_2019-8-1_15-23-8.jpeg

23 miles in 2.25 hours with an ice cream stop :D. On my e-bike of course. Fun ride with the wind in my face.

Takes me back to my Boy Scout days working on my Biking Merit Badge. 258 miles total this year on the e-bike.

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Saw this on my latest ride.

0E443F5A-A675-4A09-A100-351EB8B940F8.jpeg

This deer was on the rail trail in Enfield. Well within the town. It just stood there waiting for me to take its picture.

Last year I saw a Loon in Mascoma Lake within 25 feet of this rail trail.

VickiK

Out on the slopes
Skier
I didn't know about the Strava Pugski Club until my boyfriend mentioned it a few days ago. I enjoy the photos people post, because I might not be connected with them on other social media sites. Unfortunately half the time I forget to turn the app on for myself.

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
On today’s ride I passed 500 total miles for the year! Yeehaw!

6BA786DB-1929-4F30-9AC5-29116F137CA6.jpeg

Popeye Cahn

Out on the slopes
Skier
So I joined the club, Groucho would not be impressed...

Today I rolled over a Rattlesnake, it was either him or I. To the right were trees, to the left was his head so down the middle I went. Sorry little guy, neither of us flinched I hope you are OK. Here's a quick pic of today's objective:

IMG_2421.JPG

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Hey, have any of you just put a Garmin in your pocket when gone skiing and seen what Strava sez?
I dunno but I was looking at a short climb of mine on Strava and I was 731 out of 3000 or something..the top guy had an average speed over 1.9kms of 131km/h... go figure... :huh:

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I dunno but I was looking at a short climb of mine on Strava and I was 731 out of 3000 or something..the top guy had an average speed over 1.9kms of 131km/h... go figure... :huh:

Yeh, that's not a car at all, no sirreee.

I was thinking though, how many of our ski mountains already have segments on them? and why rs with the phone when the Garmin can do the job?

It would be completely natural and fitting that a group calling itself the Pugski Strava Club find out.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Yeh, that's not a car at all, no sirreee.

I was thinking though, how many of our ski mountains already have segments on them? and why rs with the phone when the Garmin can do the job?

It would be completely natural and fitting that a group calling itself the Pugski Strava Club find out.
I would think it would still track your ride/ski. As far as segments..dunno. Wouldn"t surprise me..I think they adhere to some street centreline model for some of their segments. I don't know if they build them in-house or if they use other open source models. If they're using in-house probably it would build segments on its own..and think they're one-way streets.. ;):D

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
Hey, have any of you just put a Garmin in your pocket when gone skiing and seen what Strava sez?
Not Garmin, but most of time I have Polar on, so pretty much same thing. My primary thing is Polar Flow and Strava is really just for segments for me, so for skiing I don't use it much, as analytics in Flow is so much better, but even for skiing it does exactly same as for cycling/running. And you wouldn't believe how many segments you pass by sitting on lift.... beats the hell out of me why would anyone create uphill segment for gondola.

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

I have run Strava recordings on my phone while skiing a couple of times last season. An interesting result and fun to look at. Not sure how accurate because the GPS on my cheap phone is kind of wonky. Might be interesting to try it with my Garmin this winter. I have a Garmin Edge 830 which is bike specific, but I don't know why it wouldn't work.

sunrise 2020-3-7.jpg

Sponsor

Staff online