• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

cmackvt

Putting on skis
Skier
This is late but I wanted to acknowledge @JMD. I bought a pair of Blossom White Outs from him this fall and they arrive very quickly, were exactly as described and it was an easy transaction. They arrived with a great tune and looked brand new.
This was my first purchase of used skis and it couldn't have gone better. My problem now is I can't stop looking at other skis.

SlapChop

Putting on skis
Skier
This is a late post but a big thankyou to @ScotsSkier

Great advice on skis (Loving my Head FIS Slaloms (i.SL RD 165s) and Head GS skis (i.GS RD 186/25m). Two pairs of wonderful, stiff yet responsive skis that have really done the trick for me (34 years old, 5'11, 195lbs ex/current racer/race coach). The bindings he sent my way were a steal and equally awesome. Great success, and having a great season all around.

Horribly right is how I'd describe it all, now on to find a pair of Lange ZBs in a 25.5 size.

speedster

Putting on skis
Skier
Just bought a Monster 88 from @Mac who drove quite a bit to meet me by the highway I was passing through. It was a very pleasant transaction! Thanks Mac!

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Just had a great transaction with SurfSnowGirl last week. Quick communication, accurate description of ski condition, big effort on her part to make the exchange easy for me.

If she keeps up with her ski-shopping addiction, many of us may be benefitting. ogwink

everest8850

cruising along
Skier
5A636151-2FB4-4A36-8C37-FA40C70EABF2.jpeg 7E936CE1-05ED-47F6-8A02-CE854A707659.jpeg E7F7164F-982F-4445-8964-DB2E1583E2D4.jpeg 4D578A0A-3738-48EA-A2DC-2F28DF83A316.jpeg 5EE007CE-1216-4CE2-8D7B-C1A60A9D6121.jpeg Fischer Transalp 88 touring ski (163cm).These skis and equipment are nearly brand new ( 1-2 days of BC skiing in Hokkaido, Japan). This what SKIMAG said about it (https://www.skimag.com/gear/fischer-transalp-88-2016). Sensationally light at approx 1100grams per ski. Combined with the 175g Dynafit Superlite 2.0 tech binding; the whole rig per ski weighs about 1350gms+

The 122-88-119 touring ski is set up for a 304mm BSL boot with a Dynafit Superlite 2.0 binding, and it comes with brakes(brand new) and crampons (brand new). The rear binding is on an adjustable plate; allowing for up to 20mm difference in boot sizes. MOst normal tech bindings without the plate are fixed to a specific boot size. The pair of plates are $100+ or more as an accessory. Currently mounted in the middle of the plate allowing +/- 8mm adjustment for smaller/larger boots.

Asking US$700 for the whole set - skis, bindings, brakes, and crampons.You can do some searching on the set would set you back about $1000, and the the other two parts in the package- crampons and brakes, another $100+. Shipped from SIngapore (hence lower asking price to compensate for the higher shipping cost to e.g the US/UK/EU)

If you just fancy the Dynafit bindings and heel plate - yours for USD$350.. shipping will be much cheaper too

textrovert

Reelin' in the years
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I was wondering how you were liking those.

They are skiing exactly like how my initial demo impression was. I initially thought I would not ski then in spring and didn't take them to Alpine on Saturday (I was on my old 88mm Bushwhacker that day) and really missed the Mindbender. So Sunday, they were back out and get great at Sierra.

I like that they have the metal for stiffness and stability, but it's still a easy flex ski due to the way they've put the metal (Y-beam). The shape also seems to work well for all turn shapes, even though it's a 22m side-cut. Engages tip edge on groomers for long arcs and tail releases easily for tighter turns too. The bumps I have tried so far were fine- no issues. Have to test more terrain and give a long term used review eventually.

I'm eager to see how these feel in powder next season!

Sponsor

Staff online