• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

PugSki LOGO Velcro ski straps

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
Just today I took a look at and used the PUGSKI official Logo straps. (thanks Phil!)

I can say that in my experience I have NEVER encountered such high quality in such a item.

Tip -o- the-hat!

And they go really well with PUGSKI STICKERS!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Thnak you. We believe in quality. We are currently out but a new stock will be arranging in about a month for our Fall Donation Drive.

upload_2019-9-12_19-0-45.png

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I love them -- my favorite donation swag by far.

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I have enough to do that... just don't see the need.

You would be surprised how much movement ( and damage) you can get without them well strapped down. I cam back from Chile one year and I had a pair of GS skis I had not had time to put travel wax on. Four straps and they still needed a grind when I got home ( and they were good before I left chile!)

James

Out There
Instructor
I have enough to do that... just don't see the need.
One strap is sort of useful - on the wall.
When you tune people's skis, you know right away if they use straps. Bases look like squirrels were trapped between the skis.. You're also going to get edges mangling each other.

Stuff moves in a car. Airplane? Yikes. Straps, cardboard and tape, whatever it takes. Tight! I think I use 6 for plane on longer skis. Three front, two back, one middle. Sometimes more. They also help protect the edges from impact.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
If you use the PUGSKI straps. fewer are needed to provide equal performance!

(Shameless PLUG!)
Now you are just sucking up...and I totally respect that. ;)

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
You would be surprised how much movement ( and damage) you can get without them well strapped down. I cam back from Chile one year and I had a pair of GS skis I had not had time to put travel wax on. Four straps and they still needed a grind when I got home ( and they were good before I left chile!)

One strap is sort of useful - on the wall.
When you tune people's skis, you know right away if they use straps. Bases look like squirrels were trapped between the skis.. You're also going to get edges mangling each other.

Stuff moves in a car. Airplane? Yikes. Straps, cardboard and tape, whatever it takes. Tight! I think I use 6 for plane on longer skis. Three front, two back, one middle. Sometimes more. They also help protect the edges from impact.

Hmm... as someone who gets their skis waxed and tuned once per season, and doesn't bother with them otherwise, perhaps I wouldn't notice? And I don't think the edges will mangle each other - that would require crossing skis, no? Between the brakes and a single strap, they don't move much.

They're in a single sport tube if flying, so the bases aren't facing each other and I can't use straps. They're angled across the back of my car on carpet if driving locally. I suppose the worst scenario is a rental SUV once at my destination, where they are freer to move.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Hmm... as someone who gets their skis waxed and tuned once per season

Don't you ski more than 3 or 4 days per season? Ok, you may not need to sharpen all that often, but what about wax???

"Feed your bases" is what my old tuning guru used to say. If you don't wax, you risk having the bases dry out.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
"Feed your bases" is what my old tuning guru used to say. If you don't wax, you risk having the bases dry out.

*shrug*... hasn't been a problem, and I don't seem to notice much difference between fresh waxed and non-fresh waxed skis. (I won't say I don't notice any difference, but it's always seemed really minor to me.)

And I ski about 20-25 days a season. But I've only owned my own skis for the last 4 seasons, so I'm fairly new to owning.

James

Out There
Instructor
Between the brakes and a single strap, they don't move much.
And I don't think the edges will mangle each other - that would require crossing skis, no?
That happens just going to the lodge.
If you’ve got room in a car to separate the skis, fair enough. But beyond two pair, this is difficult and more work.

I’d accept your Stocklis for Foster care...

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
But beyond two pair, this is difficult and more work.

Good point. Locally and on many trips, I never have more than one pair. Sometimes on trips I do, but usually with enough room that things aren't crossing.

And you wouldn't like my Stocklis... the bases are burned and the edges are all f'ed up. :roflmao: :D

James

Out There
Instructor
And you wouldn't like my Stocklis... the bases are burned and the edges are all f'ed up
In that case we can replace them with some used Rallys and I’ll attempt to rehabilitate the Stocklis. Since you’ve pled guilty you’ll stay out of Stockli jail.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
In that case we can replace them with some used Rallys and I’ll attempt to rehabilitate the Stocklis. Since you’ve pled guilty you’ll stay out of Stockli jail.
Stockli jail is a funny concept... I envision it as being something like a high-end ski chalet... lots of fireplaces and big windows.

James

Out There
Instructor
Stockli jail is a funny concept... I envision it as being something like a high-end ski chalet... lots of fireplaces and big windows.
It’s not. You have to work in their old factory, used before the recent new one. Looks like the 19th century just without the coal. Same dirt.

After assisting the machine operators, eg carrying stuff and getting yelled at, you’ll assist in hand tuning the skis of people who never use ski straps and never sharpen the edges. “Never” = once per 20 days.

You at least get very good cheese that can’t be sold because of mold, and two day old bread which is fine because it’s sourdough. You can make raclette by putting the cheese on a motor for the machines.

Sponsor

Staff online