• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Blue Streak

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
Red Bull tastes like Sweet Tarts? That doesn't sound very appealing.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
OK, I admit I am a dinosaur. I have never had a Redbull.

Not that much of a dinosaur; they didn't really start getting market traction 'til 2000.

My story wrt to that: I was part of an 86-mile point-to-point event in Oct. 2000 - and it was pretty standard to use the drink mixes I mention above. Actually HEED and eFuel hadn't been invented yet; those that weren't using Cytomax were using that lemonade-flavored thing that Lance Armstrong drank and some were using Accelerade. though that was still new.

Now the thing about a road event in Georgia was that it gets HOT. So hot that just being out in the heat dehydrates you faster than you can replenish.

This was a problem for those that only drank powder drinks. They had so much sugar in them that they had a raging mouth thirst even when their bladders were full (stop for a wizz and you get dropped)!

Well some Red Bull reps drove out onto the course in a can-car and started giving out freebies. Except they made the tactical mistake of driving out onto the last third, where everyone had a raging mouth thirst and full bladders. They couldn't understand why no one wanted any.

I heard later that someone went full reverse peristalsis on them and they got a cooler of plain water to give out.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
My brother works at their head office in Austria. They have fridges full of it..free..that's not a good thing! :D It's like drinking liquid Sweet Tarts...

The problem with Red Bull and Vodka or Bloody Caesars is you have to load up the vodka to make it work. You're drinking triples all night! :D Not that it's a bad thing...:huh:
I DO like Bloody Caesars but I would rather just have raw clam shooters loaded with vodka..actually just the raw clams wit some cocktail sauce and lemon.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Also had my first drink at a ski resort. Except it was on the lift, from a flask, and it was a beverage my parent's friend called "a lil religion."
My former ski club (motto: Drinking club with a skiing problem) had a crazy president.
She always carried TWO flasks while skiing.:cocktail:

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Espresso Martini

Van Gough Espresso Vodka and Kahlua in equal parts.

Be prepared to have a wide awake BUZZ

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Espresso Martini

Van Gough Espresso Vodka and Kahlua in equal parts.

Be prepared to have a wide awake BUZZ
That sounds awesome

tromano

Goin' the way they're pointed...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
For mixed drinks I following the KISS approach.
Jack n coke.
Sour mix w/ any brown liquor.
amaretto w/ miller lite, tastes like Dr. Pepper.
Smirnoff ice w/ raspberry chambourd, classic sorority girl drink I picked up in engineering school.
Also slush, which is a bottle of rum with sour mix and frozen solid.

Last edited:

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
On the recommendation of my favorite codependent bartender, today I tried a Stiegli grapefruit beer from Salzburg mixed with a shot of good gin. Skeptical? So was I, wrongly. It's delicious.

Last edited:

tromano

Goin' the way they're pointed...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
On the recommendation of my favorite codependent bartender, today I tried a Stiegli grapefruit beer from Salzburg mixed with a shot of good gin. Skeptical? So was I, wrongly. It's delicious.

I think this thread needed more barley pop mixed with hard liquior. It's like a recipie from Nick's bar in its a wonderful life where they only serve desperate men who want to get drunk quick and forget their troubles. :D

dean_spirito

Freestyle Ski Coach
Skier
I'm in the mood for a Tequila Sunrise.
@jimmy @DeAnn Sloan - Care to join me?

Trish try a Tequila Sunset

Silver Tequila
Watermelon juice
Splash of OJ
Lime
Garnished with mint

I've seen another cocktail called a Tequila Sunset that has OJ and Blackberry Brandy, but give the watermelon juice a try. Absolutely delicious! And a gorgeous color as well!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We have watermelon. Sounds like a Thirstday afternoon drink to me.