• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
How about a thread on favorite drink recipes, techniques, etc?
Who knows, the recipes and ideas contributed could end up in print (at least digitally).
Every Junior League in the world does it!
So many great après ski drinks have gone by the wayside.
There are plenty of us here old enough to remember the days when a ski day was not complete without a coffee drink or a Rusty Nail.
ABasin has the right idea with their bacon Bloody Mary.
Here's to the lost art of bar tending.
Cheers!

Pat AKA mustski

I can keep a Secret
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
My first drink ever was at a ski resort - hot chocolate and peppermint schnapps. I rarely order one, but when I do it's a warm and fuzzy memory.

FairToMiddlin

Getting off the lift
SkiTalk Tester
I like this...

@FairToMiddlin loves his Rusty Nails

We make a mean margaritas at Mothers Day...just ask @dean_spirito .

I am partial to Vespa Martinis 1/2 Gin/1/2 Vodka.

Each assertion of Phil's post is true, but what he leaves out is the extent of those drinks: Rusy Nails are fantastic, Dean is not the only recipient of a mean Tril/Phish margarita, and Vespas will change your life; ready or not, here they come.

Xela

On the way to Squaw
Skier
After skiing I'm usually not in the mood to mix. So, I alternate: Bulleit Rye, Chateau de Montefaud XO, Ullr. And that's not to mention the red wine.

Drahtguy Kevin

Après aficionado
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
A good Old Fashioned is a favorite, however a good one is damn near impossible to find in the West. Ingredients and technique are crucial to master the types.

TS
Blue Streak

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
Manhattan. On rocks.
When I was a bartender in my college days, a bottle of Angostura bitters was de rigueur...not so much anymore.
I'm putting that one on the list of cocktails to revisit.

TS
Blue Streak

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
SERENDIPITY!!!!!!!!
mintjulep.jpg
Derby Day is the Saturday before Mother's Day Sunday.
I will prepare mint juleps at the Beach on Saturday (although I could run out of pewter tumblers).

Having received extensive training in the fine art of mixology at both UVA and W&L, I can certify their authenticity and potency.
Designated drivers will be required!
(Photo for illustration only. It has the wrong ice, and the rim is naked. ALL WROOONG!)
But you get the idea.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
SERENDIPITY!!!!!!!!
View attachment 409
Derby Day is the Saturday before Mother's Day Sunday.
I will prepare mint juleps at the Beach on Saturday (although I could run out of pewter tumblers).

Having received extensive training in the fine art of mixology at both UVA and W&L, I can certify their authenticity and potency.
Designated drivers will be required!
(Photo for illustration only. It has the wrong ice, and the rim is naked. ALL WROOONG!)
But you get the idea.

I can help out

photo.jpg

Pat AKA mustski

I can keep a Secret
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I am terribly boring - scotch on the rocks with a splash of water - winter, spring, summer, and fall. I guess I know what I like.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
My first drink ever was at a ski resort - hot chocolate and peppermint schnapps. I rarely order one, but when I do it's a warm and fuzzy memory.

Also had my first drink at a ski resort. Except it was on the lift, from a flask, and it was a beverage my parent's friend called "a lil religion."

Turns out I really took to bourbon.

Sponsor