• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pugging Along

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
When you go into the ski shop with your broken gear........" I was just pugging along" :D

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@TexasStout can back me up on this one, but in Texas any good descriptive verb can be improved by adding the word "up".

You really pugged up those bumps under the chair!

Who pugged up the toilet?

And my own offering...

Looks like you really pugged up that tune! (that means you improved on a bad tune)

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
18345724.gif

Ken-Weatherwax_OFFmag.gif

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm all pugged out.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
2 thoughts as I read this thread:

Somebody should create a faux dictionary-style entry for this new verb, and...

Is there any other person who has a verb named after them??

Jack skis

Ex 207cm VR17 Skier
Skier
Here's one; the ice was zambonied. A Zamboni ice surfacing machine (vehicle) was named for it's inventor Frank Zamboni. Oh, oh, someone or something was trumped, but maybe that came before the Prez. Can one Pulaski something? That's a reach and one you might not know if you never fought a forest fire. One we used quite often in the old days of skiing; he markered out and fell. Referred to a binding mishap, all too common.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
2 thoughts as I read this thread:

Somebody should create a faux dictionary-style entry for this new verb, and...

Is there any other person who has a verb named after them??
Etymology of the term "Munsoned" prior to the Kingpin movie
renderTimingPixel.png

I'm pretty sure that munson/munsoned completely originated from the movie Kingpin. For context, in the movie the main character Roy Munson completely ruins his life and many people begin to use the term "munson" to refer to crappy situations or people. Even the Amish character, Ishmael, was aware of the term.

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
upload_2019-5-9_22-23-52.png

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I’m thoroughly pugged, I had a long day.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Didn't come out as well as I'd hoped... but, well, here you go... my apologies for completely ignoring what DIRT really stands for. :D

Let me have your attention for a moment. So you’re talking about what? You’re talking about, pugging about that sale you shot, some son of a pug that doesn’t want to buy, somebody that doesn’t want what you’re pugging, some broad you’re trying to pug and so forth. Let’s talk about something important. Are they all here? … Well, I’m going anyway. Let’s talk about something important. Put that coffee down. Coffee’s for puggers only. Do you think I’m pugging with you? I am not pugging with you. I’m here from Aspen and Vail. I’m here from Ikon and Epic. And I’m here on a mission of puggery.

Your name’s Levene? … You call yourself a skier, you son of a pug? … You certainly don’t pal. ‘Cause the good news is you’re pugged. The bad news is you’ve got, all you got, just one week to regain your jobs, starting tonight. Starting with tonight’s run. Oh, have I got your attention now? Good. ‘Cause we’re adding a little something to this month’s skiing contest. As you all know, first prize is some Renoun Z90s. Anyone want to see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you’re pugged.

You get the picture? You’re laughing now? You got skis. Ikon and Epic paid good money. Get out there and ski them. You can’t ski the skis you’re given, you can’t ski pug, you are pug, hit the bricks pal and beat it ’cause you are going out. … ‘The skis are weak.’ Pugging skis are weak? You’re weak. I’ve been in this business fifteen years. … Pug you, that’s my name. You know why, Mister? ‘Cause you hitchhiked to get here tonight, I drove an Outback. That’s my name. And your name is you’re wanting. And you can’t play in a man’s game. You can’t ski them. And you go home and tell your wife your troubles. Because only one thing counts in this life. Get them to ski the line which is deep. You hear me, you pugging puggers? … A-B-S. A-always, B-be, S-skiing. Always be skiing. Always be skiing. D-I-R-T. Duration, intensity, rate, timing. Duration; do you know how long to ski? Intensity; Do you ski hard enough? I know you'd better because it’s pug or walk. You ski or you hit the bricks. Rate; have you skied fast enough for Pug? And timing. D-I-R-T; get out there. You got the slopes waitin'; you think you're there just to wait because of rain? Guy doesn’t get on the slope unless he wants to ski. Sitting out there waiting to win that money! Are you gonna take it? Are you man enough to take it? What’s the problem pal?

You. Moss. …You see this shell? You see this shell? … That shell cost more than your car. I made $970,000 last year. How much you make? You see, pal, that’s who I am. And you’re nothing. Nice guy? I don’t give a pug. Good father? Pug you, go home and play with your kids. You wanna ski here? Then ski. You think this is abuse? You think this is abuse, you pugsucker? You can’t take this, how can you take the abuse you get on a Chinese downhill? You don’t like it, leave. I can go out there tonight with the skis you got, ski down any mogul run. Tonight. In two minutes. Can you? Can you? Go and do likewise. D-I-R-T. Get mad. You sons of puggers. Get mad. You know what it takes to ski steeps? It takes brass balls to ski steeps. Go and do likewise, gents. The money’s out there, you pick it up, it’s yours. You don’t, I have no sympathy for you. You wanna go out on those slopes tonight and ski, ski, it’s yours.

If not you’re going to be carrying my boots. Bunch of losers sitting around in a bar. “Oh yeah, I used to be a skier, it’s a tough racket.” These are the new skis. These are the Renoun skis. And to you, they’re gold. And you don’t get them. Because to give them to you is just throwing them away. They’re for skiers. I’d wish you good luck but you wouldn’t know what to do with it if you got it. And to answer your question, pal, why am I here? I came here because Ikon and Epic asked me to, they asked me for a favor. I said, the real favor, follow my advice and fire your pugging pug because a pugger is a pugger.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I don't know, too many connotations of the verb "pug" in a negative light. Despite having a passing semblance with a verb of negative connotations, I think it should reserved for more positives!

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I don't know, too many connotations of the verb "pug" in a negative light. Despite having a passing semblance with a verb of negative connotations, I think it should reserved for more positives!

What, as in “I Pug Mikaela Shiffrin?”

Or “Darren Ralves is so Pug.”

Sponsor

Staff online