• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

PSIA Level I Certification Overview

geepers

Skiing the powder
Skier
looking up what skills concept is, a topic in a newly announced PSIA e-Course, I found this, published by PAIA-C,

http://www.psia-c.org/download/certification-forms/alpine-certification/Alpine Level I Certification Prep Course.pdf

It is an index to YouTube videos on each subject. Very cool.

I looked for, but could not find, equivalents for Level II and III certification.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Did a quick view of the vids in the Movement Analysis section. Very helpful. Would certainly round out responses to @David Chan MA posts.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
At a quick glance, it looks like that was supposed to be a prototype, meant to be taken down when the for-a-fee e-learning course was ready. I'd suggest saving a copy locally.

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
Hey karlo. How's your quest for Level 2 going?

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
At a quick glance, it looks like that was supposed to be a prototype, meant to be taken down when the for-a-fee e-learning course was ready. I'd suggest saving a copy locally.

PSIA's website is offering the course now to members for a fee.

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
PSIA is really doing a great job of expanding their library of content and methods of delivery.
Kudos to the leadership.

TS
karlo

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
I'd suggest saving a copy locally.

I saved the pdf. But, I do not know how to save the YouTube clips. I'll have to view them all soon.

How's your quest for Level 2 going?

Wow, you remember that? Thanks. I figured out how to do a wedge christie just in time and passed the re-assessment; got the Level 2. The journey was fun. If I could and had the time, I'd start all over again.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I saved the pdf. But, I do not know how to save the YouTube clips. I'll have to view them all soon.
I doubt the You-tube videos will go away, and it they can't make them private since the max access list is 50 people. The more likely thing is for them to become (or already be) "unlisted" which means anyone with the link can view them but they don't show up in searches or watch-next suggestions.
Which means saving the table of contents should be sufficient.

They could, of course, take them down and repost them, but that's a lot of work...

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
I looked for, but could not find, equivalents for Level II and III certification.
At a quick glance, it looks like that was supposed to be a prototype, meant to be taken down when the for-a-fee e-learning course was ready. I'd suggest saving a copy locally.....
I doubt the You-tube videos will go away, and it they can't make them private since the max access list is 50 people. The more likely thing is for them to become (or already be) "unlisted" which means anyone with the link can view them but they don't show up in searches or watch-next suggestions.... They could, of course, take them down and repost them, but that's a lot of work...

@mdf, Do you have any suggestions for finding hidden Level II and III equivalents for which we don't have addresses, in case they actually do exist on youtube, were put up at some point as prototypes, then hidden as "unlisted?"

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
@mdf, Do you have any suggestions for finding hidden Level II and III equivalents for which we don't have addresses, in case they actually do exist on youtube, were put up at some point as prototypes, then hidden as "unlisted?"

Nope, I don't think you can find them.
And they may not exist -- The only 3 e-learning courses mentioned in the open are this one, "ACL Strong", and "Movement Analysis".
If you log into the PSIA-AIAA site do any others show up?

As expected, the videos linked in the pdf are unlisted. Looking at one linked from the pdf karlo found:
Capture.PNG

But try Google (or Bing) searching for "MA 1 3 Prioritize Goals" and you get nothing.

Edit - what I said about courses is not quite right:
https://lms.thesnowpros.org/lms-courses/
Has a couple open-to-everyone promotional courses, a snowboard equivalent to the cert I course, and a couple introduction-to-instructing courses.

TS
karlo

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
I doubt the You-tube videos will go away, and it they can't make them private since the max access list is 50 people. The more likely thing is for them to become (or already be) "unlisted" which means anyone with the link can view them but they don't show up in searches or watch-next suggestions.
Which means saving the table of contents should be sufficient.

They could, of course, take them down and repost them, but that's a lot of work...

An e-course, one has to pay for. Though inconvenient watching clip by clip, this poor-man’s way is great. Lots of young folk seek Level 1, including high school and college kids. I think it’s great not to burden them with fees.

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
An e-course, one has to pay for. Though inconvenient watching clip by clip, this poor-man’s way is great. Lots of young folk seek Level 1, including high school and college kids. I think it’s great not to burden them with fees.

No fee until they're hooked, eh? Maybe they should make access free for folks who buy the guides.

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
"First one's free kid, after that you have to pay."

TS
karlo

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
That would be about the same time when social security kicks in.

Does that include eligibility even if the trigger hasn't been pulled? If so, I guess I should delete the file and pay the fee.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Nah, never cough up anything that's free.