• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

PSA: Hot Gear Bag Fix (assembly issue)

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Today after my ski trek in Taos and Winter Park, I decided to unload my boot bag. Now and then I check that the heating element is still working across all the surfaces. It has always bugged me that my new Snow Eagle version of the Hot Gear bag didn't get anywhere as hot as my old one. While I was checking the heat I happened to stick my hand down the sides to feel the other side of the heating element surface and noticed that it was much hotter than the surface that's near the gear. So I decided to investigate and took apart the bag and pulled out the heating element. I was really surprised to find that my bag was assembled "backwards" with the heating element opposite of the very clear marking on it that says "this side up". It was easy enough to flip it around inside the cover and put the bag back together. With the heating element "reversed" from how it was, I don't think I'll even need to use the maximum "hot" setting anymore.

I just don't get why my bag was assembled like this in the first place. I'm posting this in case anyone else has this same issue.