• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Private for one year old

oldschoolskier

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Except that this would create a customer service nightmare for the resort and potentially a loss of job.

@JaneB I agree with @markojp at this point. It would probably be good to talk to your manager within the school to understand their expectations in the situation. Is it possible that this ticket office person booked it and your manager hasn't registered the age of the child?
Wait just want to make sure I understand Instructor is considering quiting and still doesn’t want to do it. Resort is not talking to instructor and not acting in a responsible fashion.

Take initiative and be responsible to your ethics, if you have too. No matter the outcome, customer safety first regardless of what the boss wants. No job is better than lawsuit for negligence taking the blame for a firm that will string you out to dry.

TS
JaneB

JaneB

Booting up
Skier
Wait just want to make sure I understand Instructor is considering quiting and still doesn’t want to do it. Resort is not talking to instructor and not acting in a responsible fashion.

Take initiative and be responsible to your ethics, if you have too. No matter the outcome, customer safety first regardless of what the boss wants. No job is better than lawsuit for negligence taking the blame for a firm that will string you out to dry.
I’m not really wanting to quit. It was said in jest. But I have been distressed. So I brought it to my manager’s attention. It’s on his radar and I believe he’ll back me up.

Karl B

USSA L100
Skier
At our resort/school we have high school students for similar situations. Can you grab someone young for your shadow? I'm willing to bet that the two additional students are the parents too. Good luck! Can't wait to hear how it turns out.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
At our resort/school we have high school students for similar situations. Can you grab someone young for your shadow? I'm willing to bet that the two additional students are the parents too. Good luck! Can't wait to hear how it turns out.
If the other two are the parents. wouldn't they have booked all three lessons at the same time together? Student #1 is the one year old. It wasn't until several days later that students #2 and #3 were added right?

Karl B

USSA L100
Skier
If the other two are the parents. wouldn't they have booked all three lessons at the same time together? Student #1 is the one year old. It wasn't until several days later that students #2 and #3 were added right?

You may be right, in which case the new students are probably siblings and can really complicate the lesson even further. I'm glad to see that Jane's SSD has her back.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
039B0F90-B6FF-4F65-B3EC-01CCF297C277_1_201_a.jpeg
06F7CECD-7C0A-4161-A0E2-C0DA3875F388_1_105_c.jpeg

I forget how old Tyler was here but it was pretty young. But looking at the lift ticket on his jacket (from another resort) it wasn't his first time on snow.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
My son was 3 for his first lesson. It was taught by a college student, mostly consisted of instructor skiing backwards in front with her poles sideways, and Kevin holding onto her poles and following. There was another kid/teacher pair about the same age.

I had video back when I had a way to play 8mm video tape. I skied backwards in front of everyone and filmed it.

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1581569891751.jpg
    FB_IMG_1581569891751.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 3

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I signed my son up for a private lesson at age three because he had to be 4 to join a group lesson. He had been on skis all season and we made a trip to Sugarloaf in the spring. The lesson didn't go well and I was nearby, so I tipped the instructor and thanked him and took my son back. The issue was my son saw the day care kids being pulled on a big wooden horse sled by a snowmobile and that is all he want to do was ride on that with the other kids. I tried to get him a ride, but that didn't work out either. All in all, not worth the effort and a learning experience. He did fall asleep while riding the chair lift with me and I had to pick him up in my arms and ski him to the lodge where he could finish his nap.

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I almost forgot, in my son's day care there was a 10 month old girl who looked like a gymnast. Most physically advanced child I have ever seen. You never know what you will get with kids. I am curious to hear about the lesson too.

Karl B

USSA L100
Skier
Maybe JaneB's resort closed before the lesson and it didn't happen....

Sponsor

Staff online