• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Individual Review Pret Cirque X MIPS Ski Helmet

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I have a relatively new piece of essential ski gear that I like very much and have been meaning to review on Pugski for a while. I picked up a Pret Cirque X Helmet in March 2019. I've worn this helmet for every one of my ski days since then, approximately 50 days, and I'm very happy with it.

1584316273995.png

Photo by Jim Kenney

It's a given that the state-of-the-art MIPS design of the Pret Cirque X helmet will offer the collision/impact protection your noggin deserves. Besides the trusty MIPS design, there are four other things I like most about the Pret Cirque X helmet: it's light and comfortable, it has a large and easily adjustable venting system, it has a very user friendly magnetic chin strap clip, and finally, it looks good and classes me up one notch higher than I deserve on the ski slopes. ogwink

I've worn this helmet through thick and thin, warm and cold, January through May. Ninety percent of the time, the helmet alone is all the protection I need from the elements. But the Cirque X also has an adjustable headband that can accommodate a balaclava or gaiter on the stormiest days.

1584316457993.png

This helmet works well in all weather. Photo by Jim Kenney

I paired my Cirque X helmet with some Oakley goggles handed down from my son. The face design purposely matches the curvature of most popular goggle frames, so helmet-goggle compatibility is no sweat!

If you run with a hot engine, the earflaps are removable on the Cirque X. But because of the great one-switch venting system, I've never been motivated to remove them, even on mild days. Also, the earflaps have a pocket that is compatible with most earbud audio systems.

The magnetic clip on the chin strap is a feature that I did not focus on when I got the helmet, but I've grown to really like it -- particularly on cold days. Once you get the hang of it, you can clip the chin strap with a single gloved hand.

The Cirque X is a good-looking helmet with an MSRP of $250. If you search the web, you can often beat that by a lot. It comes in a variety of colors, which I believe are tweaked from one model year to another. I went for a color called Sea Salt. It's a sedate off-white befitting my goal of transitioning from dirtbag to classy elder ski gent.:duck:

jim pret helmet class up close up.jpg

Photo by Jim Kenney

Details on this helmet from the Pret website: https://prethelmets.com/products/cirque-x

Attachments

• Kenney2.png
    Kenney2.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 56
  • Kenney1.png
    Kenney1.png
    972.9 KB · Views: 54
  • Kenney3.jpg
    Kenney3.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Reactions: CBR

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Photos not loading.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
I can see the photos^

I have what appears to be the same helmet and can’t add much to your review. I have worn mine well over 100 days & it has been great! I will add that I had purchased some Smith OTG goggles a couple of years ago that did not work with my old Smith helmet they fit great with my Pret.
:pug:
57BA4D8A-42DD-4C79-8EA0-B993576F0BF8.jpeg

927DD57B-02BB-4CB7-A290-0C4074020069.jpeg

5F719215-0F89-46FC-B298-3F74D09F5066.jpeg

TS
Jim Kenney

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
HA! @4ster
My Pret helmet is telling me it wants to trade places with your Pret helmet :ogbiggrin:

Sponsor