• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
From Kristen Ulmer, Art of Fear Camp Coach, and 2019 US Ski and Snowboard Hall of Fame Inductee
voices of Fear image.png

My movie is about to show all over America, starting this week. Will I see you on the road?

Here's the trailer: https://vimeo.com/291424622
And here are the tour dates and link to purchase tickets: montageprod.com/VSOF

Locations include Salt Lake, Boston, NYC, Washington DC, Seattle, multiple locations in Colorado and California, TBA dates and multiple locations in Montana and Oregon, and more.

Note: I'll be facilitating each audience for one hour before show time, helping them access and explore their own relationship with fear. This is THE chance to experience my work in person then, plus a way to deepen your experience with the movie. Q and A also comes after the film with me and other famous pro extreme athletes depicted in the film.

This is a multi tiered experience that you do not want to miss!

See you out there. Tell all your friends.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@AmyPJ The first screening is in SLC on January 25th. I would love to hear your thoughts on it if you can make it to see this.

There are also showings at a few locations where I know some of our Colorado Crew hang out, like Outer Range Brewing on March 15th.
This is a screenshot of the schedule. For link to tickets go here montageprod.com/VSOF
Screen Shot 2019-01-21 at 7.11.13 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-21 at 7.11.27 AM.png

Last edited:

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Very cool sounding flick. An impressive range of characters in the intro alone. Some of whom left us too early.

Wish I could make one of the CO showings -- unfortunately conflicts with a long Alps trip where fear will certainly be a factor.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I just bought tickets! I'll go with Da Man and my daughter, who is facing some of her own fears while skiing and doing great with it!

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I heard from Kristen today and it looks like they have some more venues opening so stay tuned to the website for new locations.
Good news for me, she'll be showing in Reno.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
Do a show in west Michigan and I'll be there!

HardDaysNight

Making fresh tracks
Skier
This reminds me of the wonderfully frightening article that Ms. Ulmer wrote of her group's harrying adventure in Chamonix in Ski Mag in 2001...

https://www.skimag.com/uncategorized/cliffhanger

For sane people warranted fear is protective, intended to preserve one from horrible death or injury. There are a few in whom that normal mechanism seems to malfunction. I’m not sure I’d be paying for advice from such people!

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
For sane people warranted fear is protective, intended to preserve one from horrible death or injury. There are a few in whom that normal mechanism seems to malfunction. I’m not sure I’d be paying for advice from such people!
And in some that fear is debilitating keeping them from even trying to ski more difficult terrain. Or a new sport, going to college, that new & better job, relationships, etc...

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

And in some that fear is debilitating keeping them from even trying to ski more difficult terrain. Or a new sport, going to college, that new & better job, relationships, etc...

Two perspectives with validity. Depends so much on the individual. Having once -- long ago -- pursued the extreme skiing stuff, I will say that I kind of wish I'd had a bit MORE fear at that age, though it all turned out OK. I called it quits one day when I realized the only time I was smiling was when the run was over.......

Then 10 years later, I did the same darn thing to myself with whitewater kayaking. Groundhog's Day, anybody?!

I bet it's a great movie. Hoping it makes it to Netflix this spring!

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, I'll be able to report back after I see it tomorrow night :D
As someone who has suffered from debilitating fear in more than just skiing, I am eager to see this and perhaps pursue it as something I could help others with and possibly actually make a bit of a "career" out of it. I've been told by SO many people that they are kind of in "awe" of me--mountain biking taken up in my 40s, skiing pursued to the nth degree in my 40s, and successfully showing horses my entire life. For me, it seems like anything but extraordinary, maybe because I've always been so fearful while pursuing these things, and felt that it's held me back.

My understanding of what Ulmer talks about is that it's how fear can take over our entire lives and hold us back. That has been me times 1000.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Do a show in west Michigan and I'll be there!
I believe they are trying to open up more locations Keep checking.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Well, I'll be able to report back after I see it tomorrow night :D
As someone who has suffered from debilitating fear in more than just skiing, I am eager to see this and perhaps pursue it as something I could help others with and possibly actually make a bit of a "career" out of it. I've been told by SO many people that they are kind of in "awe" of me--mountain biking taken up in my 40s, skiing pursued to the nth degree in my 40s, and successfully showing horses my entire life. For me, it seems like anything but extraordinary, maybe because I've always been so fearful while pursuing these things, and felt that it's held me back.

My understanding of what Ulmer talks about is that it's how fear can take over our entire lives and hold us back. That has been me times 1000.
If you don't mind, will you mention that you heard about it on Pugski? :D

Sponsor

Staff online