• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
:popcorn:

I couldn't get my wife to go back on Sunday.
Is she the one we talked to in the parking lot? I think we gave her a couple gogglesocs.
To be fair, there was a lot of standing around on Saturday, doing the mindset exercises, which was also a powder day. Sunday was also a powder day but I got up there early and skied an hour before the clinic, then we had some runs where we skied a little more than Saturday.

Last edited:

silverback

Talking a lot about less and less
Skier
Is she the one we talked to in the parking lot? I think we gave her a couple gogglesocs.
To be fair, there was a lot of standing around on Saturday, doing the mindset exercises, which was also a powder day. Sunday was also a powder day but I got up there early and skied an hour before the clinic, then we had some runs where we skied a little more than Saturday.

Yes, that was her. Thanks for the swag. :) She said you guys were nice.

She isn't comfortable with me posting about her negative experience. Sorry to be so enigmatic. I'll post my experience that is was a big waste of my time and money.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Yes, that was her. Thanks for the swag. :) She said you guys were nice.

She isn't comfortable with me posting about her negative experience. Sorry to be so enigmatic. I'll post my experience that is was a big waste of my time and money.
Kristen's approach is definitely unique. From my observation, it's polarizing. You either love it or you don't.
From the brief conversation I had with your wife, I think she would appreciate a skills based fear camp more than a spiritual based camp.

The reason I attended the camp was to report on the approach and methodology. I'm hoping that there will be better clarity of what can be expected from it after I post my article.

The next time we're in Utah, lets try to ski together as a couple. I think I'd really enjoy skiing with her.

silverback

Talking a lot about less and less
Skier
That would be fun. We know our way around Powder Mountain if you ever want to try it.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Tony

tseeb
Skier
If anyone is interested in attending Kristen Ulmer’s camp at Alta Jan 25-26 at a discount, please contact me. A friend is signed up for it and was injured skiing last week. She is unable to attend and would like to recover more than the half of the $1,349 the camp will refund.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This is an extremely good camp if you want to get into the mental aspects of skiing in relation to the technical aspects of skiing.

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
I thought Fear "was pain leaving the body". or is it Fear, "keeping pain from entering the body"

I might have that backwards though....
;-)

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I thought Fear "was pain leaving the body". or is it Fear, "keeping pain from entering the body"

I might have that backwards though....
;-)
This camp explores that very topic.

If fear is always there, how do we embrace it and make it work for us?
For some, this works, for some this won't.

Sponsor