• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The Art of Fear Ski Camp
Kristen Ulmer
U.S. Ski and Snowboard Hall of Fame Class of 2018 Inductee

Kristen-Ulmer-Amazon-Best-Selling-Author.png
The Art of Fear Ski Camp at Alta, Utah on March 9-10, 2019 will address:

-performance anxiety that messes with your head (we all saw Mikaela Shiffrin throwing up before her Olympic Run)
-fear holding you back from going to the next level (I should be better than this)
-fear after an accident or injury that just seems to linger
-new fear that shows up in your life as you age (where is this coming from?)
-being fearless in one area of your life, but not in another (what is THAT all about?)

...and much more.

Unlike anything you're imagining, The Art of Fear Ski Camp isn't doesn't offer the same, tired advice on how to let go of, overcome or rationalize away fear by replacing it with positive thinking, which doesn't seem to work very well. Nor will it involve cheesy breathing exercises or forcing yourself to do scary things like jump off a cliff. This is instead, THE most cutting edge, remarkable experience you can have regarding fear -in the world- and it's being taught while skiing at Alta.

The Art of Fear Ski Camp is a remarkable adventure into your own psyche to get unstuck from patterns that don't work anymore, and unleash your potential to be the very best athlete you can be. Expect to learn exactly how to access the mental state you desire while skiing (or elsewhere), at any time after the camp. Expect this camp to affect every area of your life, not just skiing.

March 9-10, 2019. Alta, Utah. 10-4 each day. Open to intermediate to pro level skier and telemarkers, men and women (children over 12 considered). Limited to 20 campers. Price is $579 camp only -lift tickets or amenities not included.

Last edited by a moderator:

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Those beginning descriptors describe me, except for the puking part before my olympic run ha ha.

Great pricing. Cheaper than Mermer's clinic at Wyndham. Would love to go.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
You can listen to a podcast with Kristen Ulmer here on The Urban Monk
or in apple iTunes here
And here on YouTube

Last edited:
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Tricia , I like seeing press releases about interesting things, and I really like that you label them as press releases.
Thank you. I don't always remember to label them, but I try.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
On my bucket list. I wanted to go last year, but it wasn't in the cards financially.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I had a conversation with Kristen yesterday and she tells me that there are still spots available for this camp.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
What if you're afraid to go to the camp?
Then you sign up and learn to embrace that fear to fuel you to be the best camper you can be.

James

Out There
Instructor
Her story is very interesting. At least the little I learned in the Urban Monk piece. Judging by the interview and amazon reviews I fear that might have been the better choice for the book and the message. Nevertheless, I'll embrace that fear and I'm off to purchase the book.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

wallyk

Would rather be ski'n
Skier
Very interesting application of her technique. But this is weird. Skiing supposed to a fun recreational activity? For the most part, industry professionals aside, this entire web community is about the pursuit of having fun. Skiing is nothing more than having fun. I understand the fears associated with skiing: heights, falling, getting hurt, social anxieties. But does a seminar like this which attempts to enhance how to have fun actually remove the fun? Feels like if someone needs a mental seminar to learn how to have fun skiing should they just quit.

James

Out There
Instructor
People aren't learning "how to have fun" they're learning how to deal with fear. Maybe someone wants to ski a steep couloir. Maybe they just want to ski a black run.

I seriously doubt "fun" is what extreme athletes are thinking while they're doing the activity. After, sure it was fun. She talks about turning the fear into excitement. Then years later she burned out.

I went to get the book, bn said they had it. I get their and no, it's not on the shelf. It's in psychology not sports.

Sponsor