• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
image006.jpg

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The first-year, limited-edition boot is an exact replica of the iconic Lange XRi

Park City, UT – Jan. 16, 2019 – Lange, the iconic, heritage boot brand with a 60-year history of delivering some of skiing’s most iconic products, has dug deep into the vaults of its storied past to develop its new Lange Heritage Project boot.

For the initial introduction, the brand has focused on one of its most eye-catching models from the late 80s, the Lange XRi.

Fondly remembered as the “pink panther” boot, the iconic XRi was released over 30 years ago. Winner of eight individual Olympic medals, it propelled Alberto Tomba “La Bomba” to two gold medals at the 1988 Calgary Winter Olympics, and became an instantly recognizable benchmark in the archives of skiing history.

Originally developed in 1988, the iconic XRi has been reimagined as the new, limited-edition Lange RX Ri boot. Built around the award-winning RX chassis, it features the exact retro-graphic of the original, an aggressive 140 flex, and Lange’s innovative Dual Core technology, effectively blending the pinnacle of modern fit and performance with a throwback to the brand’s historic past.

“We couldn’t be more excited to launch this project. Lange is a unique boot brand with incredible heritage in the world of alpine racing and skiing history,” said Thor Verdonk, Lange Global Brand Director. “From the development of the first plastic ski boot to modern innovations like Dual Core technology, Lange has a 60-year history of delivering truly iconic products. The Heritage Project is a fun new way for us to highlight this history while offering up something unique and eye-catching for the biggest fans and supporters of Lange.”

Available in extremely limited quantities, the lucky, select few skiers that get their hands on the Lange Heritage Project boots will own a piece of skiing history.

###

LANGE: A great-fitting ski boot is every skier’s most essential piece of equipment. For over 50 years, LANGE’s attention to foot mechanics and desire to help skiers perform better has resulted in some of the most important innovations in ski boot design. Collaboration with the best boot-fitters in the world, and 3D scans of over 20,000 individual feet have led to the development of state-of-the-art solutions in fit and performance for every foot shape. Consistently the industry benchmark, only Lange delivers the award-winning fit and World Cup caliber performance that allows you to Be One with your boots.

PIC HERITAGE 2.jpg

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We are really excited about this project because we had a part in the video release. In early December, we were contacted by Thor Verdonk, Lange global brand director, because he needed a few boots for the video release of this iconic limited release. Fortunately I had a few boots in my possession, XL1000s, XLRs, and @Dave Petersen's yellow Tii's. The rest of the boots that were needed, including an original Pink Panther, were all sourced within a few hours and shipped to Thor at Lange's headquarters in Park City.

When you get a chance, take a look through our Lange Heritage thread HERE.

skiing-sept-1988-lange-1-pugski-dave-petersen-jpg.49397

skiing-sept-1988-lange-2-pugski-dave-petersen-jpg.49398

Last edited:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
That is a sexy looking boot

LWSkier

Booting up
Skier
Yes, it’s some sort of elastic rubber. Has some really cool details, I’ll try and post a pic later.

NESkiBum

Booting up
Skier
Is this a 100 or 97 last. And how do I get a pair? Will it be limited to certain retailers?

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
As retro things go, this is pretty cool. I feel like these always seem like a better idea than they really are. What retro ski is this best paired with? I'd say one of those Rossi 4S throwbacks from a few years back.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
As retro things go, this is pretty cool. I feel like these always seem like a better idea than they really are. What retro ski is this best paired with? I'd say one of those Rossi 4S throwbacks from a few years back.
The yellow Tii does more with the 4S but along the right track.

Reactions: XO.

TSQURD

Booting up
Skier
Had a pair of the originals. Gave them to a friend when I was done with them, who used them for several years, then apparently stored them in his basement for a long time. Last year, he asked me if I wanted them back. Im sorry I declined now...

Sponsor

Staff online