• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
SAME PRICE, MORE BENEFITS
PREMIER PASSES NOW INCLUDE IKON BASE!
We’re not superstitious, but since we’d like next season to be just like this one, we’ll start by offering 2019-2020 season passes at this season’s best price! And to show our gratitude, we’re throwing in some additional benefits exclusive to the spring sale. Plus, Premier Adult, Chamber, Senior and Parent Passes now include a 2019-2020 Ikon Base Pass, with access to 38 iconic destinations.

Purchase your Premier, Double Flex or Flex Pass by May 31, 2019 and pay this season’s Super Early price! Receive discount winter lift ticket vouchers for friends and family and discounts this summer on Lost Forest and Snowmass Bike Park to use yourself or give to friends and family.

There’s truly never been a better time to plan ahead!

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I see how this could benefit someone who skis Copper and Aspen a lot. I know a bunch of the Colorado Crew ski those places a fair amount.
I could see them getting the Aspen pass and Loveland pass instead of the Loveland pass, IKON, A-Basin, and MCP.

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Great news for Aspen skiers, especially those whose primary residence is on the front range. It's been a bummer that even after buying a top dollar season pass they can't ski any of the front range resorts for day trips or when the long drive to Aspen for the weekend is too much.

I expect we'll see more Aspen denizens stopping by Copper in route with this addition. I've already seen a few with Ikon.

How could I spot the Aspenites? We rode the gondola at Copper with a couple fitting a profile I've never seen at the resort before. They were talking about expensive wine, wearing designer ski outfits, kinda rude, and thought the gondola was a lift you actually skied like at Aspen vs. used to get to the lifts where you ski. Y'all are very much welcome, but please be kind to us Copper low-lives, or at least our kiddos. ;)

Nancy Hummel

Ski more, talk less.
Instructor
SkiTalk Supporter
Great news for Aspen skiers, especially those whose primary residence is on the front range. It's been a bummer that even after buying a top dollar season pass they can't ski any of the front range resorts for day trips or when the long drive to Aspen for the weekend is too much.

I expect we'll see more Aspen denizens stopping by Copper in route with this addition. I've already seen a few with Ikon.

How could I spot the Aspenites? We rode the gondola at Copper with a couple fitting a profile I've never seen at the resort before. They were talking about expensive wine, wearing designer ski outfits, kinda rude, and thought the gondola was a lift you actually skied like at Aspen vs. used to get to the lifts where you ski. Y'all are very much welcome, but please be kind to us Copper low-lives, or at least our kiddos. ;)

Most of the Aspenites or Snowmassholes I know are really nice people who do not fit the above description. Now, if those Ikon people would quit crowding up our hills, that would be great.

Mike King

AKA Habacomike
Instructor

Yeah, you sure they weren't from Vail?

Mike

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Probably a stupid question but do that many front range folks really make it a regular routine to drive to Aspen?

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Most of the Aspenites or Snowmassholes I know are really nice people who do not fit the above description. Now, if those Ikon people would quit crowding up our hills, that would be great.

Yea, just don't hang around cloud nine close to 2pm.
Be sure you aren't mixing up your Deer Valley locals with the Aspen locals. Is Beaver Creek people also not among those too in the 1%?
Either way, it's a sacrifice and self-selection. Let them have DeerValley/Beavercreek/cloud nine,
as long as they feel self-selecting and staying grouped in their wealthy enclaves, they won't be overrunning the resorts for the lay people.

That beign said, This whole oh you're on Ikon, nd looking down your nose at the riff raff is the micro-aggressions (to correctly borrow that term) that don't make visitors feel welcome and make the locals look snooty and elitest, even if it's a joke;

even if the crowding is really due to the locals all showing up with their unlimited access, versus the 5days or less for an ikon passholder

Last edited:

Nancy Hummel

Ski more, talk less.
Instructor
SkiTalk Supporter
Yea, just don't hang around cloud nine close to 2pm.
Be sure you aren't mixing up your Deer Valley locals with the Aspen locals. Is Beaver Creek people also not among those too in the 1%?
Either way, it's a sacrifice and self-selection. Let them have DeerValley/Beavercreek/cloud nine,
as long as they feel self-selecting and staying grouped in their wealthy enclaves, they won't be overrunning the resorts for the lay people.

That beign said, This whole oh you're on Ikon, nd looking down your nose at the riff raff is the micro-aggressions (to correctly borrow that term) that don't make visitors feel welcome and make the locals look snooty and elitest, even if it's a joke;

even if the crowding is really due to the locals all showing up with their unlimited access, versus the 5days or less for an ikon passholder

I agree. My post was sarcastic.

I live part time in Denver and part time in Snowmass. I am employed by Skico and love it. There are lots of regular folks who work hard, love to ski, bike, kayak, go to happy hour and listen to music. It is a phenomenal community. In the 6 years I have lived there, I have never been to Cloud 9 and do not care if I go there. I get to ski with demo team members frequently, go to fabulous clinics and ski fabulous mountains with relatively few people. I am extremely fortunate.

This has been a great snow year and I have not witnessed significantly more crowding than in past years. I believe Mike Kaplan when he indicates that local pass use is up 40%. I hope so. Last year’s snow was bad. This year’s snow is amazing.

I have worked and skied at Breck. Selfishly, I hope Snowmass never gets as crowded as Breck. I understand that Skico is running a business and the Ikon pass people have purchased a pass like many others. I welcome them and hope they contribute to a sustainable future.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Jackson Hole is doing something similar.
https://www.jacksonhole.com/season-pass.html

I guess if locals end up also getting Ikon passes with their season pass, then they would not be able to complain about all the Ikon pass holders invading their mountain because now they are one.ogwink

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer

Ski&ride

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled

I guess if locals end up also getting Ikon passes with their season pass, then they would not be able to complain about all the Ikon pass holders invading their mountain because now they are one.ogwink
For one thing, they get to go to Altabird for 2 more months of skiing after Jackson close in early April.

Nothing ironic there.

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
yea the hypocrisy and elitism abound; they look down at the ikoners visit, but then immediately ask about how much is the CMH heliski discounts, because of course they wouldn't ski riff-raff resorts.

All good fun. I expect everyone here, just by nature that they have signing up and participating in an online Ski community appreciates community and the logic and benefits of supporting a community and welcoming people to grow the sport instead of taking the position of keeping people out :beercheer:

Last edited:

ella_g

Getting off the lift
Skier

The email to passholders about this included a very strongly worded letter about how there was mean-spiritedness from locals about Ikon passholders and how that was not the Jackson way and wasn't acceptable, and how people needed to adjust their attitudes before next season. Dunno what we are doing next winter but that's a fabulous deal for kids passes -- Jackson grand pass plus Ikon base for $200 if you buy it in the summer ...

Sponsor

Staff online