• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

blackke17

I'd rather be at Alta
Skier
Powtales allowed me to find my white Mr. Pollard Opus boards a few times when they were buried.

just got the below email from them: get them while u can . ( their website is still up too)

profile_mask2.png

Bob Knight <[email protected]>
11:18 AM (1 hour ago)

to Karen
cleardot.gif

Friends and fellow skiers,

It is with some regret that I am sending this email. Recent changes in shipping rates, both international and domestic, along with increases in materials and website hosting have forced me to make the decision to shut down this business. I do have about 100 sets of Pow Tales still in inventory and will be selling them until they are gone on a first come first serve basis. If you liked the product and want to continue using them you may want to consider ordering another set or two. Please email me at this address if you want to place an order and I will send you an invoice through PayPal. Thank you all for your support, along with your stories of powder days in Japan, Utah, and elsewhere. It has been a fun ride.

Warm Regards,

Bob Knight

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I got that email as well. Ordered a couple more pairs of Pow Tales for me and my son. Thanks Bob!

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester

To find a buried ski, start looking where the ski came off, not where you finally stopped sliding. The skis usually don't travel far. Use the tail of the other ski as a knife slicing through the snow to locate the buried ski.

QFT

Also use a grid pattern to search.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I ordered two pair of Pow Tales, thanks @blackke17, got a reply email from Bob that he’s been swamped with orders but mine will ship tomorrow.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I must have got my order in early. It shipped this afternoon.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
There are some commercial units out there. I remembered some one was selling them back over at Epic.

Here is one I found on google.

Pow Tales

View attachment 34634

Way too slick for me.
This guy sent me a set when I was on EpicSki, so I could use them and write about them but that was the beginning of our droughts and I had no opportunity to use them.
I may have them in their original package around here somewhere, but since we had 5 years of drought I have lost track of where they are.

Bob Knight

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
This guy sent me a set when I was on EpicSki, so I could use them and write about them but that was the beginning of our droughts and I had no opportunity to use them.
I may have them in their original package around here somewhere, but since we had 5 years of drought I have lost track of where they are.

Hi Tricia, I've wondered where everyone from Epic went when it closed down and it seems at least a few of you are here. :) It's great to re-connect, and yes, probably the best and most user friendly powder cords to date will soon be history...unless one of you want to buy me out... Seriously though Tricia, you can still get a set at https://powtales.com.
It's actually been pretty cool making this decision to shut down the business. I've received emails from a bunch of you with various degrees of dismay at Pow Tales demise. I sold over half my remaining inventory in the last 3 days but there are still around 50 sets left. (actually 54, but I'm saving the 4 for my wife and I) So, like Blackke17 said, "get them while you can."
Cheers,
Bob

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Hi Tricia, I've wondered where everyone from Epic went when it closed down and it seems at least a few of you are here. :) It's great to re-connect, and yes, probably the best and most user friendly powder cords to date will soon be history...unless one of you want to buy me out... Seriously though Tricia, you can still get a set at https://powtales.com.
It's actually been pretty cool making this decision to shut down the business. I've received emails from a bunch of you with various degrees of dismay at Pow Tales demise. I sold over half my remaining inventory in the last 3 days but there are still around 50 sets left. (actually 54, but I'm saving the 4 for my wife and I) So, like Blackke17 said, "get them while you can."
Cheers,
Bob
I think I passed my test set you sent to someone who was living where there was actual powder.
Sorry (for more reasons than one) that I had 5 drought years immediately after getting your pow tales.
For that reason, I refuse to ever get Powder Chords again. In fact, I think I'm going to get a slew of carving skis. Maybe that will flip the weather switch :D

Bob Knight

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
I think I passed my test set you sent to someone who was living where there was actual powder.
Sorry (for more reasons than one) that I had 5 drought years immediately after getting your pow tales.
For that reason, I refuse to ever get Powder Chords again. In fact, I think I'm going to get a slew of carving skis. Maybe that will flip the weather switch :D

You go girl. Actually the last 2 years have been passable powder years here, (we never get that many good pow days in CA) but we may make the trip across the big pond and see what all the hoopla in Japan is all about. I got Epic Military passes (Vail Corp. does this) that are no restriction passes for all 14 or 15 (I've lost track) of the Vail resorts, plus a little 5 day bonus at Hanuka Japan. I may be off in that spelling but it's something like Hanuka, and the passes were $499. Retired and active military are only $99. Amazing, and they don't really advertise this. You have to do a search for it.
Anyway, all skiing is good whether I'm trenching groomers or floating through powder. Winter can't get here fast enough.
Cheers,
Bob

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
You go girl. Actually the last 2 years have been passable powder years here, (we never get that many good pow days in CA) but we may make the trip across the big pond and see what all the hoopla in Japan is all about. I got Epic Military passes (Vail Corp. does this) that are no restriction passes for all 14 or 15 (I've lost track) of the Vail resorts, plus a little 5 day bonus at Hanuka Japan. I may be off in that spelling but it's something like Hanuka, and the passes were $499. Retired and active military are only $99. Amazing, and they don't really advertise this. You have to do a search for it.
Anyway, all skiing is good whether I'm trenching groomers or floating through powder. Winter can't get here fast enough.
Cheers,
Bob
You may want to take a look at the Japow adventure Pugski did with @Mattadvproject. He puts on one helluva trip!

Shawn C.

Out on the slopes
Skier
The simple solution is to stay upright, and not lose skis... ogwink

Ah, yes... Expect the best but always prepare for the worst. ;)

Bob’s pow tales are great and I already ordered an additional set and some extras for my wife. As I’ve told Bob, I’m sad to see this innovative solution go away.

Rod9301

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Since I've been on 112 mm skis, many years now, I never lost a ski, and very seldom fell.

Higher din helps too.

Sponsor