• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Wondering what type and if anybody uses them. Last year spent 1/2 hr of a powder day looking for a ski. Turned out to be 30 feet above where I landed (crashed). Don't want them attached to me just behind the ski. Are they a pita?

I just got really bright skis :D

Screen Shot 2018-09-03 at 10.23.51 PM.png

Max Capacity

Putting on skis
Skier
Picked these up today, figured I'd make my own after reading SSSdaves post. Looks easy enough to drill a hole in the heel piece, tie a 4ft lenght of the orange tape
DSCN8373.JPG
to one side of the lockable clip and attach the other end to the heel piece.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
4 feet is short. 8 - 10 is more like it.

Most powder cords I've seen attach to the ski and then get tucked up into the powder cuff or attached to a band around the boot. Unstuff from your cuff OR detach the end at the ski to get around without the skis.

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
Picked these up today, figured I'd make my own after reading SSSdaves post. Looks easy enough to drill a hole in the heel piece, tie a 4ft lenght of the orange tape View attachment 91591 to one side of the lockable clip and attach the other end to the heel piece.
Those are some really big heavy hooks!

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I recently bought some trail marking tape, and some small caribiners from the key section at my local hardware store. I used 1" key rings to loop through the opening of my Attack binding. The caribiners will hook into the key rings, and the trail tape is knotted to the caribiner.

Rod9301

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Haven't had the need for powder cords since 1998, when I switched to fat skis.
One, I rarely fall on fat skis, two, when I fall the skis don't come off and three, if they do, the stay on the surface.

Sponsor

Staff online