• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Utah Powder Mountain for Presidents’ Day?

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
What are your thoughts on Powmow as a Presidents’ Day trip, booked long in advance?

I seem to have read some poor snow conditions report, either from lower snow years, or from sun or warm temps ruining the snow.

What are your experiences there in mid February?

New2

Out on the slopes
Skier
Utah's had a handful of very warm February storms in recent years, but they're still the exception rather than the rule. The lower elevation at Pow Mow could mean they get rain while the Cottonwood Canyon resorts get snow. But no matter what happens, it'll be a lot less crowded than the other Utah resorts. So I guess it mostly just depends on your expectations... if you expect lots of powder, don't book in advance, at all, anywhere. If you expect some sort of fun (potentially including gorgeous warm sunny days or mild mushy slush), I can't see how you'd go wrong with Pow Mow.

TS
Slim

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yeah, that’s kind of it. Cottonwood Canyons are a sure bet for snow and great terrain, but also for crowds (although our experience on skis has always been good, just the road that has been horrible).

Powder Mountain always seems like a very fun mountain that suits our desires. If we did that during Presidents’ Day, I would probably skip Ikon passes, maybe do Mtn Collective or Indy pass or somehting.

Sponsor

Staff online