• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pow Mow or Snowbasin or BCC tomorrow 12/21 and/or Monday 12/24

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Shamora and I are flying into SLC early tomorrow for a family get together for Xmas. We’ll be mostly in the Cache Valley (Logan/Mendon) so planning to do a day or two Sat/Sun at Beaver, or if there’s more than one chair open, Cherry Peak.

So if we’re arriving at SLC at 8:15am, get our rental car, and we have time to kill before we drive up to Mendon and check into our AirBnB, I was thinking that since we will have ski gear with us, why not get some turns in? Right? Also, on Monday, we have a late evening flight back to Seattle, so could conceivably get some skiing in on Monday.

This is a last-minute trip, we did not plan ahead for UT skiing this year, and did not acquire Ikon or Epic passes, nor MCP. I’m thinking Powder Mt or Snowbasin? Snowbasin is usually more expensive, but has all lifts running. Will Pow Mow have Paradise running?

Or maybe Solitude or Brighton instead? I’m trying to avoid the crowds that tend to gather at LCC.

Any thoughts? Anyone want to meet up?

Holiday cheers to all.

Shawn C.

Out on the slopes
Skier
No way Paradise will be running this weekend. As you know, that opens up so much terrain once they start spinning Paradise. Also, Powder Country isn't open yet. After a terrific start to the season it has been dry and warm for weeks.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January