• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
1600085878110.png

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Obviously they have seen me using my screwdriver on the job.

My favorite all purpose screwdriver.

View attachment 110158
^^^This reminds me of the time I worked in a logging camp and the Master Mechanic's favourite tool was a 10lb. sledge hammer...true story.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^This reminds me of the time I worked in a logging camp and the Master Mechanic's favourite tool was a 10lb. sledge hammer...true story.

My favorite line on a job site is "Hit it with a hammer."
On occasions a green bean would come back and tell me the hammer didn't worked. My next line is usually "Hit it with a bigger hammer."
Often, second time's the charm.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
My favorite line on a job site is "Hit it with a hammer."
On occasions a green bean would come back and tell me the hammer didn't worked. My next line is usually "Hit it with a bigger hammer."
Often, second time's the charm.
We prefer finesse in my business. As we say, "Don't force it. Get a bigger hammer."

From www.americaspace.com stories about Apollo on the Moon,
"Mission Control told him that the camera seemed to have malfunctioned. When initial attempts to rectify the problem proved fruitless, Bean shook the camera, then tapped it with his hammer. Nothing worked. "

Unfortunately, they didn't have a bigger hammer.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
I fix my bikes and occasionally fix friend's bikes as well. I was restoring a friends bike and I discovered that the brake caliper was essentially frozen into the frame due to crud and rust buildup.

I tapped it with a hammer and it didn't budge, so I posted on one of the cycling forums for some ideas. First reply I received was "try hitting it harder". Ummm, ok. Seemed to violate various "mechanic rule of thumb"'s in that you shouldn't have to force things, but... whatever. So I whacked it harder and the brake came right out. Excellent. :thumb:

Sponsor