• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
67125179_2506144019430126_3038495401196912640_n.jpg

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
Reminds me of the smokehouse around the corner from my house year's ago. For decades, the windows were painted with the proud proclamation:

WE SMOKE OUR OWN MEAT!

I talked to the owner about it once. It was not meant to be ironic. I politely brought the topic up with the owner once. As soon as I got close to the topic, he started shaking his head. He knew where I was going. He told me that when his parents ran the business, his mother had painted that on the window when his dad wasn't around. Nobody, including his father, had the courage to explain the double entendre to his mother. So there it sat. For decades. And there it would remain, he said, for so long as his mother was alive.

But it was true. You could stop by any day of the week and watch them do it . . .

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I just saw a warning about that app, when you agree to their terms and conditions you are giving them access to all your pictures on your device. That could be dangerous to some, look what happened to the celebrities that got hacked.
When they ask for access to all your pictures it is so they can present all your pictures to you for use, not so they can download them all. As with all things Internet, you have to trust those you give access to or don't give access.

FaceApp_1563729500829.jpg orca-image-1515551363215.jpg_1515551363694.jpeg FaceApp_1563387421756.jpg FaceApp_1563729889726.jpg
The one on the right was a double old.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
I just saw a warning about that app, when you agree to their terms and conditions you are giving them access to all your pictures on your device. That could be dangerous to some, look what happened to the celebrities that got hacked.

This , also from the internet....

The problem is that the app developed by a team based in Russia comes with terms and conditions that grant the company "a perpetual, irrevocable, nonexclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, fully-paid, transferable … license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish … and display" your image.

But in 2020, when I see my face and username on Twitter as a bot perpetuating fake news, I’m going to be pretty upset. There is nothing I’ll be able to do about it.
end quote

I don't find that funny at all.