• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Post-ski nutrition

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Chug some water and eat an apple if I"m hungry, Beer and some type of meat with vegetables. If were're at a condo for the weekend on Saturday AM we put some sauce and previously homemade meatballs in a crockpot on low then just boil the pasta later and put together some salad and garlic bread.

We were at Tremblant a couple weeks ago and while the restaurant food was good some of the portions were small. I ordered salmon one night and was like I usually eat about 5 times this much fish. Learned my lesson so at the pizza restaurant I added sausage to my chicken pizza.

TS
P

palikona

Getting off the lift
Skier
I do eat snacks during the day while skiing. I will look to revamp my post-ski nutrition based on some of this good advice.

jack97

Out on the slopes
Skier
After a full day of skiing, I drink fluids. Other than that, same types of food. IMO, whats more important is what you eat through out the week. In addition, for day trips I eat a carb loaded meal before I go while I'm driving its fluids, tea or vanilla chia.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
A hop, hop, hippity hopity IPA

Sugarhill Gang Brewing :D

firebanex

Making fresh tracks
Skier
My nutrition during the day isn't anything out of the ordinary, I pretty much eat my normal food but focus on drinking more water and always cramming a snack prior to responding to an accident on the hill, never know if the additional energy might be required and I hate being hungry during a call. After skiing, normally eat some trail mix and jerky on the way home with a hot chocolate.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I always take two curried tuna salad sandwiches to the mountain. Eat one at lunch...and then one in the car on the way home, along with an iced tea for hydration and caffeine. It's become part of the ritual.

Damn, why have I never thought of this tuna/curry combo?! Thanks!

If you're a tuna snob, may I recommend Papa George's Tuna? Just wow!

http://www.papageorgetuna.com/store.php

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
Wasn’t so hard, or shouldn’t have been. But, yesterday, it was nova on toasted sesame bagel with red onions, dry, roasted Brussels sprouts, Japanese rice crackers and wasabe peas flushed down with a Diet Coke and Advil. Did some drills that accentuated problems I’m having with my hip.

Oh, and that was at the Warren General Store, outside Sugarbush. Great store! I would say offerings are curated. Great bagel and salmon. Fantastic selection of pastries and beers and ales. Japanese rice crackers and wasabe peas, really? And, much more. They thanked us when we checked out. I thanked them for being there.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Wasn’t so hard, or shouldn’t have been. But, yesterday, it was nova on toasted sesame bagel with red onions, dry, roasted Brussels sprouts, Japanese rice crackers and wasabe peas flushed down with a Diet Coke and Advil. Did some drills that accentuated problems I’m having with my hip.

Oh, and that was at the Warren General Store, outside Sugarbush. Great store! I would say offerings are curated. Great bagel and salmon. Fantastic selection of pastries and beers and ales. Japanese rice crackers and wasabe peas, really? And, much more. They thanked us when we checked out. I thanked them for being there.

Great store....always stop there for beer and sandwiches on our way back home....

Sponsor

Staff online