• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Portland, OR shop recommendations?

nunyabiz

Putting on skis
Skier
I was curious if anyone had any preferences for where to get tuning done in Portland? Next Adventure,EVO and The Mountain Shop are all conveniently located for me but I wasn't sure if one was superior.

Analisa

Making fresh tracks
Skier
All are solid. I've had really great experiences with Evo's Seattle store - I took in a pair of touring skis I had mounted at REI where there was play in one of the bindings and it turned out one binding was adjusted to a larger size than the other. They fixed it for free, but the shop manager was really fired up at first since he thought it was their shop's error. Or having bootwork done this winter, a newer fitter made a mistake that was only cosmetic. He was like "they'll ski fine, but we can replace them if you want." The boots are long sold out, so I asked for custom footbeds instead. One of the lead fitters I had originally worked with still reached out and said he wanted to get me a new pair, even if it meant waiting until next season. They've seemed to have high standards for their work.

Mountain Shop also is a great shop and I've been really impressed with their sales staff's knowledge - way surpasses your average downhill shop catering to occasional skiers - but I haven't had any work done there.

Sponsor