• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Scrundy

I like beer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Skied Elk Saturday conditions were great. Took some getting used to as I never ski Elk weekends during the day. Morning was crowded on the slopes and tapered off mid day. Took my daughter age 7 for first time and she fell in love. It was a struggle to get her to go but now she’s hooked, I am so happy.

Thinking they got at least 5-6 last night, so gonna hit tonight after work. Hopefully it gets beat up good today, I love skiing soft tracked out snow, temps look good to keep it soft.

Willyum215

Col. Mustard
Skier
Skied Elk Saturday conditions were great. Took some getting used to as I never ski Elk weekends during the day. Morning was crowded on the slopes and tapered off mid day. Took my daughter age 7 for first time and she fell in love. It was a struggle to get her to go but now she’s hooked, I am so happy.

Thinking they got at least 5-6 last night, so gonna hit tonight after work. Hopefully it gets beat up good today, I love skiing soft tracked out snow, temps look good to keep it soft.

I was there on Saturday from about 9AM - 3PM with a couple of friends as well. We must have crossed paths...

Scrundy

I like beer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I was there on Saturday from about 9AM - 3PM with a couple of friends as well. We must have crossed paths...

Be doing it again this Saturday. Kid really took a liking to skiing and wants to keep going. Gonna try to get her out every weekend till it melts away,I’ll put her in lessons again. Gonna TRY to take it easy Saturday so not to tired, heading to the Beast of the East on Sunday.

Willyum215

Col. Mustard
Skier
Be doing it again this Saturday. Kid really took a liking to skiing and wants to keep going. Gonna try to get her out every weekend till it melts away,I’ll put her in lessons again. Gonna TRY to take it easy Saturday so not to tired, heading to the Beast of the East on Sunday.

Nice! I can't make it up there this weekend due to another obligation, but will be back on 3/16 - it's their Spring festival that day, should be fun. Enjoy your trip to VT!

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
Got in a pretty good afternoon today at Camelback. Cliffhanger had bumps that were pretty icy, Similar conditions on the top of Asp but down further on the headwall it got a little better. Everything else that was groomed skied great. Couple of observations

Sad - The crews were pulling the hoses indicating that snowmaking is done for the season.

Glad - there is a lot of snow on the mountain. It would have to get really, really warm for it to go anywhere soon. Should be a good spring.

IMG_3281.JPG

The view from the Camelback Beach where I like to park in spring and parked today. Unfortunately it wasn't very Beach'y today as the air had bite.

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
Looks like it could be a corn fest this week. :) Report says Asp ungroomed, Wed, Thurs and the weekend look dry. 4 days over the next 10 (before I head out west) look like a distinct possibility. The only reason I'm not there today is I got to give the legs a rest after the weekend.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
When do the Poconos start closing? It used to be mid March.

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
They'll make it. A lot of snow on the trails. The appearance of corn today. Lots of Asp bumps.

Asp and cliffhanger should make it since they were mostly ice today with some bumps thrown on top to stop the slide. Reminded me why I don't typically ski at Camelback.

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
Asp and cliffhanger should make it since they were mostly ice today with some bumps thrown on top to stop the slide. Reminded me why I don't typically ski at Camelback.

Asp was great mid afternoon. softening and starting to set up some decent lines especially on the left hand side close to the Bailey chair. I yo-yo-ed it at least 10 times and am heading up there today for another round. .

Jersey Skier

Skier
Asp was great mid afternoon. softening and starting to set up some decent lines especially on the left hand side close to the Bailey chair. I yo-yo-ed it at least 10 times and am heading up there today for another round. .

I was on the road by early afternoon. I get bored with the whole yo-yo effect of doing 10+ runs/hour. The only reason I went to CB yesterday was because of Cliffhanger and Asp, but when they were frozen solid in the morning I was ready to leave. Made it till 2:30.

My last couple of times there were very end of season days when it was around 70 degrees. Those runs were fun in those conditions.

PS I'm not a bump guy, but those were fun.

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
I was on the road by early afternoon. I get bored with the whole yo-yo effect of doing 10+ runs/hour. The only reason I went to CB yesterday was because of Cliffhanger and Asp, but when they were frozen solid in the morning I was ready to leave. Made it till 2:30.

My last couple of times there were very end of season days when it was around 70 degrees. Those runs were fun in those conditions.

PS I'm not a bump guy, but those were fun.

I'm assuming those runs were still locked up when you were on them. Yes at that point they were icy. Asp was releasing about 1:30 - 2 pm Wednesday. Ironically they flattened it last night. Today was warmer and Cliffhanger released before noon. Talked to a guy at the beach who told me it was hard as a rock this morning, but by the time I got to it at noon it was absolutely beautiful.

Going to be skiing the Pocono's (Camelback) this weekend and that may be the best call. Some rain Friday but temps should allow for softening over the weekend where as north of here it may lock up good and tight after this non frozen event.

Jersey Skier

Skier
I'm assuming those runs were still locked up when you were on them. Yes at that point they were icy. Asp was releasing about 1:30 - 2 pm Wednesday. Ironically they flattened it last night. Today was warmer and Cliffhanger released before noon. Talked to a guy at the beach who told me it was hard as a rock this morning, but by the time I got to it at noon it was absolutely beautiful.

Going to be skiing the Pocono's (Camelback) this weekend and that may be the best call. Some rain Friday but temps should allow for softening over the weekend where as north of here it may lock up good and tight after this non frozen event.

No. Nothing locked up. Just verrry firm. I did cliffhanger several times and never saw anyone else on it. Asp had a family sitting on their asses sliding down between the bumps.

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
Could Camelback be getting it? Yes, Seeded bumps on Rodo FTW today. Spoke to many who were very happy and tried to make them promise to tell management. These should be a staple all season long with those oscillating fan guns refreshing when needed. Much better then Lower Cleo bumps.

IMG_3322.JPG

IMG_E3326.JPG

Fun Saturday at Camelback :daffy:

Scrundy

I like beer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’ll be there in the AM enjoy, awful heavy looking but they’ll pound it into the base tonight.

Sponsor